Dunc

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How's mine Dunc? And just to point something out, on the signature editor page there are Signature Restrictions. Maybe the "images of any size" should be changed if people's signatures are going to be removed for being too large?

Your signature may contain:

• Up to 8 images
  • Images of any size
  • Any number of URLs
  • Any number of lines

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at work so I only had time to skim through these posts but what is the actual size restriction? I may have missed where it's stated, but he first post doesn't have an actual dimension.

I know my current one is small enough but I'm just thinking for future sigs, what's too wide and too high?

Also I have photoshop as well if anyone needs a new sig. Feel free to ask!

I'm at work so I only had time to skim through these posts but what is the actual size restriction? I may have missed where it's stated, but he first post doesn't have an actual dimension.

I know my current one is small enough but I'm just thinking for future sigs, what's too wide and too high?

Also I have photoshop as well if anyone needs a new sig. Feel free to ask!

It's more about width. Marc Forum owner and all round Tech Guru

Doesn't want the sigs going off the edge of the page.

Causes the site to have to try to scroll, and that causes big problems.

Yours is perfect height wise, but you can go as wide as the screen.

If you go too high it means moving through posts can take ages as you scroll past an "LOL" comment then 3 screen lengths of sig.

As you can see from my sig limiting the size doesn't mean limiting your creativity. biggrin.gif

Ok just had to go and check . . .

My Sig is 150 pixels High x 600 pixels wide.

So you could easily go to 200 x 1000 and get away with it. rolleyes.gif

Multiple images of my pups face stretched out over 1000 pixels? That'd be an adorable overload. Haha.

LMAO. . .we'll suffer.

Bring it on. biggrin.gif

OK this is 200 x 1000 pixels . . . so could go even wider but certainly no Higher

200x1000logo.jpg

and. . . .

This one is 150 pixels high x 1500 pixels wide. ]

Sig150x1500.jpg

Looks like the Forum software automatically resizes to a maximum of 1000 pixels wide. ohmy.gif

There ya go . . . thats your limit. biggrin.gif

Given the forum design is built so that it can be seen clearly on 1024x768 and above, that would make the actual viewable page when there is a scroll bar 989 px

less 15px each side for the outer div on the site gives you 989 - 15 - 15 = 959px

less the sidebar block for avatars and user information in posts of 959 - 226 = 733px

12.5px margin each side of the signature div gives you:- 733 - 12.5 - 12.5 = 708px.

MAX Width for a sig image that spans the whole of your sig area should really be 708px

If ya want a real answer :D and yes you are right that the forum itself will get rid of any image over 1000px wide in the sig area