Help! Im so upset

Chewbacca_&_me

About Hygromas.

They are tears of the cartilage or tissues by joints such as the front elbows.

the hygroma fills with fluid to protect the joint.

Common home treatments include:

Using a pair of panty hose, cutting a leg off pantyhose, then cutting the toe section off

the pantyhose as well. Roll it into a donut, place it around the hygroma, and then secure

it with an ace bandage, this relieve pressure from the hygroma and the tear. Also try laying

out towels, blankets, pillows, dog beds etc so they have soft surfaces to lay on.

Hygromas are commonly caused by laying on hard surfaces.

The vet can help relieve pressure by drawing out fluid from the hygroma to relieve pressure.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure it's not a ganglion cyst? These form over joints and are fluid filled sacks that fill up with the watery fluids that lubricate your bones and joints, they sometimes can get blood and them and they are harmless other than being painful.

I have had one on my wrist that was once surgically removed, however keeps coming back. They appear when you overuse your joint- things like typing or for dogs, over-activity.

Edit: Looks like you already found out what they were.