Cat woman found and give Police protection

Ron Tao&Sky

I found the last sentence disturbing ............... I thought cruelty to animals was a criminal offence ?

"Coventry Police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal offence."

While "technically" it is a cruelty offence. . . . sad.gif

Cats are "still" regarded under law as VERMIN and not a pet.

A local woman had her cat savaged by an off lead staffie literally on her doorstep, she contacted the police

nothing they could do.ohmy.gif

As usual in this country the guilty are protected and the innocent not. It makes my blood boil

well people have been making death threats, and the police take that seriously.

wouldn't be surprised if the people who posted the threats get a criminal record.

this is really playing on my mind. if she was my neighbour who did that to my cat i would be researching animal rights activists and informing them where she lives. i personally would have to move, i couldnt live her...i would always be so angry. thank goodness they had CCTV

Criminal offence my arse...her intentions were to get rid of that cat. she knew that the cat would be depreived of light, water & food with the end result being in the tip and dead.

I found the last sentence disturbing ............... I thought cruelty to animals was a criminal offence ?

"Coventry Police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal offence."

My thoughts exactly Rosemary!

Andy why arnt they considered pets? Im sure they are and even if their not they are under the law someones property so could they not get her on criminal damage?

They're gunna have to come up with something or people are gunna keep on threatening her.. Im sure if people see justice served then they'd back off abit!?

I think she should at least be given comunity service... and I think it should either be litter picking (since she likes throwing stuff away so much) or made to work in the cat section of a rehoming centre like RSPCA or cats protection legue!!!! :D

This was discussed on the radio this morning, and the laws are very difficult for the RSPCA to enforce, what she did probably isn't legally cruelty against an animal, there was another term they used, and if she is charged with anything, it wil be the other term - can't for the life of me think what it is now.

Unfortunately though, people have taken it too far and so this is why she is now in danger. I have cats, and I would be extremely angry and wanting blood if someone did that to my cat, but it is not rational behaviour, so maybe the woman is ill? If so, people attacking her isn't going to do any good. How many people rant and rave at their neighbours when they come home drunk driving their car? Much worse crime in my mind, as they could easily kill people, dogs, cats etc, but is almost accepted. This woman got caught on camera, and I hope that she gets charged and convicted and is punished. But the police have to stop her getting hurt if people have made threats against her, of course they do, what a waste of time and money.

Cats by law are not domestic pets, which is why if someone knocks down a dog by law they have to report it, but they don't for a cat. Its also why cats are allowed to wander and foul other people's gardens, and if they kill a neighbours rabbit etc, there is no recourse, as they are classed as not owned.

she works in a bank so she must be an educated woman for god sake , she knew what she was doing, you can see her looking around to make sure no ones looking. she as to pay some sort of price for what she did. what sort of message does that send out if she get's away with this ????