fundraising?

magical Merlin

Hello,

Merlin is due for his post op checks in october and a chat about if it would improve his qualitly of life to have the other hip operated on and the cost.

I'd like to do some fundraising for him as I cant affod to pay for the hip myslef. I can probably put £500 in myself but that wont come anywhere near what Noel would need to cover the basics. Im not sure how much it would be until I speak to him. Afterall it may not even be a viable option.

If its not then I would still like to fundraise for the practice as they did so much for free for merlin and I would like the money to go to the next merlin that they have in there where the people cant afford to help him. And if there was enough money and it couldn't go on merls then i'd split it between the practice and a husky resuce.

So the question is, what fundraising to do and do you think people would be intrested in helping? Lots of people are shocked how much money was spent on just one dog and I think this may put people off giving. Afterall merlin doesn't give anything back so to speak - Hes not a pat dog, or a working dog, hes not good with kids and is tricky around other dogs.......hes my companion but thats about it. Why should people help this one dog.....

I've got a few things in my head that i'll do if I get enough intrest - sponcered walks, Raffles, compations and if needed i'll shave my very long hair off bald :bad: (not looking forward to the last one) maybe some other ladies could join in that?

There is also the problem of where does the money go? Putting it into a bank account i set up may seem a bit wierd, so maybe it could all go strait to the referals and they could keep tabs on it if they dont mind, especially as it would be donated to them if it doesn't go on merlin...

Any thoughts or suggesions? :laola:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Heather,

I think maybe you should think about writting a small history of Merls and that way people will know what hes gone through will be more likely to give generously.

Maybe even think of writting a book if you can get it published then a percentage of the profits could go to Noels surgery?

I personally will be right there supproting you any way I can as I think what you have done and are still doing with Merlin is incredible! Just let me know what you want me to do and Im there! :)

It does not matter one bit that Merlin gives nothing back hun, he's your baby and he's part of this extended family. I'll have a think on things you could do and let you know. Also as soon as you deside where the money is to be kept please let me know, i'll be donating and wishing him all the luck in the world xxxxxxx

sarah you took the words out of my mouth lol

its amazing what you have done for merlin!!!!!

i only have short hair but i would shave my head to make money for him!!!!!

get the local press or dog magazine involved and get an article written.

Aww thats great guys thanks! His story is in the bloggs :) There are a few in there about him :Dhttp://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/blog/12/entry-36-how-merlin-came-to-me/

I'll get in contact with a lady that loves merlin at the practice and talk to her about getting a fund that the money could go into.

Thanks guys!

xxxx

email the dog mags - im gettin my story about offlead dogs in a dog magazine would be great for you to get your story in 1 too :)

ill help in any way i can :) if i think ov anythin ill let u no - wonder if you could do a meet up and do a sponsored husky walk and a hug a husky event? maybe sell raffle tickets too

Good on you Amanda for sticking by Merlinsmile.gif. We will all help you as much as we can to make sure Merlin is able to get as much help as possible.

count me in!!! Not for the hair shaving though lol I volunteer Marc, Dunc, Sparks and Keath to have their backs and chest waxed :D

OUCH!

good Job im not That Hairy, u can do my legs tho if u want!!!! :lol: :lol:

I will give for this, come on you other guys get yourselves in the waxing queuelaugh.gif

i'll start you with £20 kelly xxxx

Count me in for £20 as wellsmile.gif

Thats great guys. I'll get some sponcership forms done....Maybe you can take them to work with you? For now I have a seperate savings account that the money could go in. Its what I put money in for merlins vet treatment. Its online as well so there is probably a way to show people that the money will only be spent on merlins leg or a lump sum will be divided between the practice and a husky resuce.

Will post the forms in a min. Just finishing putting them together