bad news.... good news....

achmedsmom

well we went today to meet diesel... things didnt go quite as we planned, achmed and diesel don't get along very well at all and if i tried to even touch diesel achmed would knock him out of the way and stand in front of me growling... i know there is a huge dominance issue and the woman fostering diesel said this is only the first meet, we are going to try again in a week after placing one thing in our house that smells like diesel and one thing in their home that smells of achmed... hopefully this will get them used to each other's scent and maybe a smoother meet in a week.... i'm not too sure why achmed did this, our friend's dog miko and achmed had a wonderful time together and played very well... both males as well... i would really like to give diesel a forever home with us but only if achmed and him can get along, with two kids i dont need all the aggressive behavior...

On a happier note... my husband has an interview for the state of michigan on tuesday!!! he has already passed the state testing and now it's just waiting for a position they think he will be perfect for... please keep us in your thoughts on tuesday!!!

Fox isn't aggressive but he gets really excitable about new dogs...we've found that if we use his brush to brush the other dog thouroughly and then we brush him, he's a little more chill...I don't know how scent transfer and such works, but that's what works with him right now...good luck!!!

I hope Achmed & Diesel can learn to accept each other, it's good that you've not just given up after the first meeting & you are gonna try again. Good ideas about placing items belonging to each other in the others' house for the scent, and never thought about the brushing thing too, both really good ideas - I hope they help.

Good luck to hubby on Tuesday, I'm sure he won't need it but we'll cross everything anyway!! xx

Sounds like the two have some issues, so hope the second meeting helps them work it out.

Tuesday will be a big day for you and your hubby. Good luck to both of you. Fingers and paws are crossed here in Iowa. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

thank you all !!! i'm a little worried, achmed has been acting really funny since we got home... usually his play time is around dinner time (when he gets overly fiesty) and that's always fun, but today and last night he has been doing some strange things... once i get in bed he runs like a mad man, digs the bed, tears my blanket off me, barks soooo much, if he does lay down, he whines with every breath he takes... he has never done this... should i be worried?