Kira's great escape.......

Sid_Wolf

:rolleyes:

Was cleaning up in the hallway getting ready for my mum to drop my lil brother off (he's staying the night), the place was a tip so i was sweeping up a bit, and gerry (ricks dad) went to take the rubbish out. Whenever anyone goes out the front door we always shut the kitchen door, so kira cant escape, But since Gerry's been living alone without a dog for nearly a year, he's not quite as vigilant as us yet, and left it open...... :rolleyes:

I didnt notice till I saw the white terror run past me, I tried to grab her but missed, shouted 'DOG!' but gerry couldnt catch her either so off I ran chasing her furry white ass :lol:

She legged it into the park over the road (thankfully we're in a fairly quet village and there was no traffic) and was heading for a hedgerow which if she went through and ran a few 100 meters would lead her straight onto the B1113 - a national speedlimit road :o so I called her and she done a U turn and headed straight for me!! :D

Damn dog wouldnt let me catch her tho :angry: She went down the back of the bowls club and they're having a new roof done so where she ran was all fenced off and I managed to grab her ;) She had no collar or harness on tho so I had to scruff her preffy hard to keep her with me, shes pretty used to it tho as she quite often goes naked and doesnt have a collar to grab lol

Thankfully we got her back safe and sound, she got lots of love and treats when we got back :)

Gerry was really apolagetic, we've told him its ok, its not the 1st times its happened, ricks done it too, he still feels a bit guilty tho cus he loves her to bits lol

Now... someone tell me why we cancelled her insurance?!?!?!?!?!?! :rolleyes: lol

you cancelled her insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, now i can be really tight when it comes to money (ask Val) but the only way i would cancel pet insurance is if the pet died, hope it never causes an accident, happened to a lad in my old local and it cost him nearly £5k, personal injuries, damage to vehicle oh and the vet bill to his own dog that the kids had let out the door.

you cancelled her insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, now i can be really tight when it comes to money (ask Val) but the only way i would cancel pet insurance is if the pet died, hope it never causes an accident, happened to a lad in my old local and it cost him nearly £5k, personal injuries, damage to vehicle oh and the vet bill to his own dog that the kids had let out the door.

yea we did, we found out that the company are underwritten by E&L, who are apparently awful when it comes to paying out, and after speaking to our vet they wont carry out any treatment anyway without making sure you can pay upfront and then you have to claim back from the insurance. The only way they will go through the insurance company is if your with Pet Plan or Kennel Club :angry: So there was absolutely no point in us having it.

I should be starting work in the next week or 2 tho, so we're gunna chack out the pet plan policies :) its just too expensive atm

we are with petplan for Myshka - be careful! We got stung by them! we didn't realise there were 2 kinds of policy until we had the problem with Myshka's eye, it went on for over 12 months, but the level of cover we apparently had was for 12 months then goodbye, Vienna - the rest we have to pay for ourselves! we should have had the more expensive one :rolleyes: that would have covered lifetime illness

Yea we're gunna be going for the lifetime cover one :)

tho we're also gunna be looking at other vets aswell now, we're with the closest one atm, but they're not fantastic, tho to be fair, we've only ever been there for her vaccs, so its not a major deal, but im gunna look into some of the other ones down our end of town :)

Don't ya just love it.

We lavish love, attention, time, money on these guys.

and how do they repay us. . . . ?

By acting like they've been kept prisoner in Colditz for the last 10 years.

"I've just gotta escape this living HELL". . . . ohmy.gif

and legging it outta the door or window, or getting creative and MAKING thier own exit routes. biggrin.gif

Glad you got her back tho' biggrin.gif