What do you DO???

Lil Miss Bump

I'm an Assistant Credit Manager for a worldwide Security Distribution Company I manage 5 members of staff and am currently training another manager to handle another 5

I finished college with my A levels in Music, Psychology and English and wanted to work in music therapy with disabled children alas instead i went on to study credit management and business law blink.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at present i groom dogs and im also a support worker for the ill and elderly.....i would love to have been a profiler for the policeforce:lol: :lol: :lol: .......im fasinated by serial killers ...lol....boss says im a freak!

i did law and criminology at uni and am fasinated by the same thing!!! if you ever come over here you'll be sat in my living room for your whole holiday reading all my books!!!! :D

I am currently an administrator/research assistant in a social care and social work research centre at the University of Bedfordshire. I have a 1st class hons degree in Health Studies and would really like to work in health/social research. Next month I start my MA in Public Health and then hopefully in 2 years I can become a research fellow !!!! :lol:

However, Id really like to work on the music that goes into films - like what makes a film soundtrack successful. I find that sometimes the music 'makes' a good film or helps it. Id love to work with Alexandra Patsevas. I doubt it will ever happen but will happily appreciate the good work others are doing !!

If I won the lottery I would love to be part of a rescue centre for dogs.

i'd love to carry on my research work forever!!! i work for the institute of criminal policy research at kings college of law in london :)

was supposed to be going back in oct to do my MA in Social Work and would be a qualified social worker but I've deffered for a year :)

I currently work for the local water authority in the North West of England, I have had several jobs in the 5 yrs I've worked for them, customer advisor (answering the phones & directing problem to relevant dept), mentor for new starters, trainer of new customer advisors, scheduler (sorting appointments & daily jobs for clean water inspectors) - going for job interview on Thursday for a work planner in Blackburn, similar to the scheduling role only for a different gang of people :D

Previously, I worked in retail & administration.

I would like to work with animals, I have looked into working for RSPCA (but I don't do heights & you have to abseil as part of the training! :unsure: ) so I now need to win the lottery & open a sibe rescue!!

I am currently Cabling Supervisor for an Electrical Company .We work all over the country installing High Voltage cables mainly on Heavy Industrial sites like Steel Works and Chemical Plants but have recently been down on the Olympic site on the new Docklands Light Railway link onto the main site

Would love to be able to retire with enough money to concentrate on walking the dogs further and finally finish my Koi pond

I'm a geologist in environmental consulting - basically we clean up other people's / companies/ messes

I'd love to win the lotto and travel, but that's a long shot.

I also wanted to study dinosaurs (don't laugh) - wanted to be a paleontologist since I was about 10 or so, which is why I studied geology. But that fell apart in college (no jobs in it, hard to get into the field to begin with). I never saw myself in consulting, thought about teaching but I don't want to deal with highschoolers lol. College maybe but that primarially requires a phd

i'm certified to teach high school Spanish - taught it one year and absolutely hated it! Never saw so much disrespect and snottiness in my life! I'm currently back in school, working toward certification to teach reading and special education, as well as substitute teaching. Special ed is cool, because, at least around small-town Iowa, one generally works with small groups of students - often only a couple at a time - or even one-on-one - and they tend to really LIKE their teachers!

I was surprised to find that, at least in the two districts I've subbed in, I really enjoy it! The kids are much nicer and more respectful, I get to teach a variety of ages and subjects, and unless it's a long-term job, I don't have to do much in the way of correcting papers and entering grades into gradebooks! I've also found that middle school kids are kind of the best of both worlds - they still (often) have a lot of the willingness to please that the younger kids have, but are old enough that you can reason with them a little more!

At the moment I'm running my own dog grooming and walking business, it's ok I get to choose my own hours, look after the kids myself and spend plenty of time with the dogs. Don't think I'll do it forever though! Before this I studied biology at Edinburgh, and we lived in Germany and Switzerland where I juggled being a mum with some freelance writing and photography work. I'm lucky in that I don't have to work and have the option to be able to stay at home but I'd like to make a bit more use of my degree once baby (due in Decemebr) is older but what I don't yet know...I think it will probably be part time too.

I currently work as a technical advisor upgrading a major government organization to a virtualized environment. I'm pretty much building a POC lab/sandbox and managing this, so im having to work closely with some of the vendors and do all the leg work really, from server admin stuff to database admin stuff and everything in between!

Right now it's the most hands on role in what is shaping up to be the biggest microsoft project currently on I. The project, so it can be a bit full on sometimes but is great!

I work for a GP Surgery - I am a Receptionist 2 days a week and Medical Secretary 2 days a week. (and no I am not an old dragon honestly - I am really nice to all our patients :P ).

Mark and I also volunteer for SHWA and currently foster homeless huskies.

What I would really like to do is return to my 16 year old self with the knowledge and experience I have now and re-do my career, but keep my family the same as I have a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful kids not to mention 2 gorgeous huskies.

I worked nine years in mental health...almost ten, and because I didn't have a degree I made less than thirty thousand dollars a year to get the crap kicked out of me by teenagers who had never been taught how to deal with emotional frustration, anger, agitation, or dissappointment. During this time I went ahead and joined the national guard, did five months of basic and ait...and then came back for a year and went to iraq...currently unemployed upon my return...and well, catching up on lost time with the kidlets....

I am self employed as a registered childminder- i love my job...wouldnt change it for the world..i now look after 5 children including chloe.....i have 3 4yr olds and a 5yr old plus my own 2yr old....its very noisey in my house now....a huge difference to what it was like when it was just me and ian lmao cant even remember what that was like anymore :lol:

if i had to change my job for whatever reason then i would prob be a beautician as i am nvq level 2 qualified in both beauty therapy and a nail technician........dont really know why i didnt take it further once qualified- it cost me enough to fund the course!!!!

at least if my childminding didnt work out then i always have that as a back up plan :)

I work at the BMW Mini production plant in Oxford.

and. . . .

I am. . . .

a. . . . .

Sequence Analyst.. . . Yaaaaaaayyyyy.

Sounds "Oooooooohhhhh" biggrin.gif Don't it ??

Nope I sit in front of 6 PC's and I have to monitor the flow of the body shells from Body in White (BIW)

where the shells are welded together. Then into the Paintshop where I make sure they get painted the correct colour

and Roof colour for each individual customer order.

I have to watch both the BIW stores and the Paintshop for breakdowns and ensure the maintainance teams get there

ASAP to keep things running.

Awesome huh ?? biggrin.gif

In the past I have been. . . .

The chief projectionist of a 9 screen Multiplex

Manager of a BP petrol station

Cleaner

Washer upper at a school (dinner time)

and sold frozen food door to door.

What would I like to have done. . . in a perfect world.

As I was born in the year Yuri Gagarin went into space and as I was only 8 when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon

I wanted to be an Astronaut. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

As that Obviously didn't happen as I left school I wanted to paint the covers for Science Fiction / Fantasy and Horror books.

Didn't get into art school so that didn't happen either.

instead I ended up as a trainee projectionist. . . a FANTASTIC job. biggrin.gif

ooooh previous jobs........here we go!!!

12-17

receptionist, cleaner, dogsbody @ a hotel-weekends and before/after school

17-18

worked full time @ wilkinsons hardware whilst doing A-Levels

18-22

pubs, student bars, internet company, assistant manager of a newsagents both full and part time

22-24

natwest-worst job i've had in my whole life. street the staff like something they stepped in full time whilst at uni

topshop-sales assistant, lasted 2 months-hated it!!! full time

24+

research for youth justice board and kings college of law-part time

working for manchester city council in the environment sector-full time