What do you DO???

Lil Miss Bump

I'm taking online classes trying to finish my BA in Marketing. After that I plan to pursue a Masters in something, just not sure what.

My dream job would be to bake/cook all day and get paid for it - kind of like those really popular cooking blogs.

In Michigan:

I currently work at the front desk for a hotel.

Before that I worked at a cell phone company in retail sales - I HATED it. Worst job I've ever had.

Before that was McDonalds - I had great hours.

In Minnesota:

I worked in a group home with persons with physical/developmental disabilities, but left MN to move to MI.

Worked as a jewelry sales associate before my store closed down - it was just hourly (no commission) so it wasn't so bad.

Before that was a work study office assistant position while I attended school in Missouri.

And still before that was a coffee shop.

Finally, my first job ever: working in a concession stand making corn dogs/mini doughnuts. It was pretty neat because I got to meet a lot of people from all over Eastern Europe.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie owns his own business and is a motorcycle and car and trailer instructor (slowly catching up with is dad lol)

Im not employed as such but at the moment have been working for jamie trying to sort his website out and helping to get his company known better by sorting out some advertising. Since Ive been doing that it now looks like Im going to be going off to do a course for an Operater's Licence (to do with lorries) and then being their Transpor Manager (wow, fancy name title! Woooohooo)

EDIT: forgot to add. I did want to be a herpetologist and go into reptile conservation (crocs mainly)

need to learn to drive 1st

come to dorset for a few weeks, we can teach you to drive (bring bings, blaze and skyla down too ;) )

• 1 year later...

I work at the BMW Mini production plant in Oxford.

Nope I sit in front of 6 PC's and I have to monitor the flow of the body shells from Body in White (BIW)

where the shells are welded together. Then into the Paintshop where I make sure they get painted the correct colour

and Roof colour for each individual customer order.

I have to watch both the BIW stores and the Paintshop for breakdowns and ensure the maintainance teams get there

ASAP to keep things running.

[MENTION=1354]Andy[/MENTION] - I watched a program on /TV called Megafactories this afternoon - featuring - the Mini production plant in Oxford :) I waited and waited but I didn't see you :rolleyes:

That is one super impressive factory .......

A friend of ours has a Mimi, her licence plate is MiniMe 007 :D

@Andy - I watched a program on /TV called Megafactories this afternoon - featuring - the Mini production plant in Oxford :) I waited and waited but I didn't see you :rolleyes:

That is one super impressive factory .......

A friend of ours has a Mimi, her licence plate is MiniMe 007 :D

You're more likely to see [MENTION=1354]Andy[/MENTION] on crimewatch :lolman:

That's a great reg plate on a mini though!!

A year on, and the things have changed so much.... No longer a student, i am a electronic and communications engineer but I'm not actually using it lol

I'm more of a business intelligence administrator, lots of database administration too lol! And off to India for 2 months to take some programming standard over to our testers and development teams....

Assistant manager at a nursery. Working with the under 5's on a daily basis, I must be insane!

Forgot to say what i'd like to do. Well that changes on a daily basis. I've wanted to be an author since I was at primary school. Got interested in DNA at senior school when I realised I was kinda good at understanding it. Oh and when I've had a drink, I think I'm a pop star. lol.

Edited by emma1979

I am an Advanced Emergency Medical Technician with American Medical Response in Spokane WA and Volunteer Firefighter with Stevens County Fire Protection District #1. I hope to one day be a Paramedic within the system :)

Prior to this I was a BMW master tech, just no work here in Spokane to sustain a paycheck so I moved on!

how did [MENTION=1262]Rosemary[/MENTION] manage to resurrect a post thats nearly two years old? i cant find things that were posted yesterday lol.

My official title is production supervisor is daft cos there are only two lads working with me. I get to do the paper work and stay late. ooh and drive the fork lift truck which is my favourite aspect of the job:f1: err due to there being no FLT smileys that will have to do lol

im fully qualified in web design and graphic design but have done nothing with it unfortunately,, fell pregnant when i just graduated which i dont regret at all,, i must not as i now have 3 beautiful kids, was working in sales in a local carpet shop but im currently on maternity leave till october,,,,, may not go back as childcare costs are so expensive and getting my furbaby aswell so will want to be with him all the time xx

Sooo went to a music boarding school for ten years then uni and now I'm a music teacher!

Things I want to do..... If I had brains a vet,

But always wanted to be in the police either working with dogs are horses or being a family liaison officer, I was joining up a few years ago but got offered teaching job and being a student and skint couldn't refuse.. Plus quite nice holidays!

Qualified electronic engineer and went to Biggin Hill, (twice), in attempt to acquire my company jet, (Tornado), back in the late 70's but things didn't go quite to plan so I went to South Africa instead, (geo-physics), in the search of coal, gas and oil, (working out in the bush and coming face to face with a variety of hungry looking animals and just a few scorpions)!

Came back to the UK, (some time later), and worked in medical physic but got head hunted by a US pharmaceutical company who sent me around the world looking after chemical analysers, (wind surfing, diving and snorkelling in the Red Sea off Jeddah and coming face to face with a number of LARGE silver/grey coloured creatures, not Husky's, all of which looked very mean but well fed - fortunately), bit of a trend emerging here?!

Some fifteen years later the company went into Chapter 11 and I found myself jobless so I took on a temporary job at a local C of E School, (one of the most idyllic jobs I ever had), until I started a completely new career as a Paramedic!

My technical background soon caught up with me and I ended up running the IT Department, (as well as undertaking my Paramedic responsibilities), for one of the larger Ambulance Services in the UK and this was one of the most rewarding careers I have every experienced.

And now . . . .

I am working within the world of 'Law Enforcement' he said, (in a whisper)!

And I did, finally, realise my flying aspirations, (although not in a jet - unfortunately), as I first flew, solo, (in a Robinson R22 Helicopter), back in 2008!

The way things are going, (with regards to the world economy), I doubt whether I will ever be allowed to retire - that is, of course, presuming that I manage to stay in employment during the current economic climate and that I am not, eventually, mauled by something!

Qualified electronic engineer and went to Biggin Hill, (twice), in attempt to acquire my company jet, (Tornado), back in the late 70's but things didn't go quite to plan so I went to South Africa instead, (geo-physics), in the search of coal, gas and oil, (working out in the bush and coming face to face with a variety of hungry looking animals and just a few scorpions)!

Came back to the UK, (some time later), and worked in medical physic but got head hunted by a US pharmaceutical company who sent me around the world looking after chemical analysers, (wind surfing, diving and snorkelling in the Red Sea off Jeddah and coming face to face with a number of LARGE silver/grey coloured creatures, not Husky's, all of which looked very mean but well fed - fortunately), bit of a trend emerging here?!

Some fifteen years later the company went into Chapter 11 and I found myself jobless so I took on a temporary job at a local C of E School, (one of the most idyllic jobs I ever had), until I started a completely new career as a Paramedic!

My technical background soon caught up with me and I ended up running the IT Department, (as well as undertaking my Paramedic responsibilities), for one of the larger Ambulance Services in the UK and this was one of the most rewarding careers I have every experienced.

And now . . . .

I am working within the world of 'Law Enforcement' he said, (in a whisper)!

And I did, finally, realise my flying aspirations, (although not in a jet - unfortunately), as I first flew, solo, (in a Robinson R22 Helicopter), back in 2008!

The way things are going, (with regards to the world economy), I doubt whether I will ever be allowed to retire - that is, of course, presuming that I manage to stay in employment during the current economic climate and that I am not, eventually, mauled by something!

Sounds as if you have led a charmed life, staying out of the clutches of wild life around the globe ;)

I have followed the IT course but quit at the end of the 2nd year because the school didn't got their stuff straight. I'm now a student animal carer nearing the end of my first year (and loving it so far). I'm also a postman on Saturday to get some income.