favourite book

arlene5548

hmmm......couldn't possibly narrow it done to onerolleyes.gif.

Favourite authors are Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Tess Gerritsen, Karen Rose, to name a fewbiggrin.gif

I really enjoyed the Twilight Saga, I know...sad, but the writing was good and really drew me into the story. Been awhile since I read a book that kept me wanting to carry out the way these did. I really enjoyed Stephanie Meyers other book 'The Host' as well so I reckon I just like her writing style.

I am currently reading the third of the Millennium books by Stieg Larsson. These are the girl with the dragon tattoo books. His writing is a bit too descriptive for me but the stories are good and the lead character is a different kind of heroine than what is normally seen.

Ooo forgot John Grisham and Tess Gerritsen - kind of too much info (blood and gore) for me but were good.

Am also on 3rd Millenium book. Loved 1 and 2 but am struggling with 3 because I am thinking something awful is going to happen to Salander and don't want it to!

Ooo forgot John Grisham and Tess Gerritsen - kind of too much info (blood and gore) for me but were good.

Am also on 3rd Millenium book. Loved 1 and 2 but am struggling with 3 because I am thinking something awful is going to happen to Salander and don't want it to!

I know what you mean....I am about 2/3 of the way through now.

oh Stephen King has to be my favourite, but also like Dean Koontz, Terry Pratchet and Ben Elton. Basically I will read anything I can get my hands on.

My favourite book of all time is The Stand by Stephen King, think I have read it about 5 or 6 times now

Have you read Under the Dome yet? I felt it had a bit of the same feel as The Stand.

I love to read!!!

Faves

Cathy Kelly

Lesley Pearce

Marian Keyes

Patricia Scanlan

Dorothy Komson

Maeve Binchy

Jodi Piccoult

Josephine Cox

got 100s of true crime books, serial killers, poisoning, infanticide etc etc etc

currently reading the twilight books

xxx

hey diz

ur into my kinda books! can u recommend a good true crime one...ie a good gruesome one!!

Love, love, love to read and have hundreds of books :)

Don't really have a favourite book as such, but loved the David Weber - Honor Harrington series - science fiction at its absolute best :)

Rosemary. . . .

try these. . . Will rock your Science fiction. . world. . erm Universe

Peter F. Hamiltons

Nights Dawn Trilogy. biggrin.gif

I have always been a complete bookworm and will read absolutely anything! I have just read all of the True Blood Books which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am currently reading a Jeffrey Archer - he is a good read but most of his books have similar storylines. I really like to rotate between ready a heavy going crime or thriller with a lighthearted chicklit book. But no matter what, there is always a pile of books on my bedside table.

My Dad has just bought himself one of the digital book readers, its really good and you can download hundreds of books into it - very convenient for travel and for those with poor eyesight as you can enlarge the print. Its probably the way forward and I am very tempted to get one but somehow I just love the feel of a book and the turn of a page :)

Rosemary. . . .

try these. . . Will rock your Science fiction. . world. . erm Universe

Peter F. Hamiltons

Nights Dawn Trilogy. biggrin.gif

Thanks for that Andy, I googled it and I must say it looks good :) so I will definitely try and get them. Have you read any of David Weber's books?

Thanks for that Andy, I googled it and I must say it looks good :) so I will definitely try and get them. Have you read any of David Weber's books?

No, I haven't however I do have copies on my PC as part of an 8gb download of books. . . (ahem) rolleyes.gif

So once I've finished the 3 books I have on the go at the moment. . .

Fleet of Worlds by Larry Niven - on my Smartphone

Tomb of Hercules - Andy Mcdermot - real book....reading his collection

The Passage - justin Cronin - on my netbook

I'm struggling with the third millenium book too! Glad it's not just me. Loved the first two but just can't get into the last... going to persevere though and I'm halfway through.

loved the twilight ones too :) so easy to read

usually really enjoy sebastien faulks books but my brother bought me his newest recently and it wasn't my favourite...birdsong was fantastic though, maybe one of the best books I've ever read though rather sad! Our daughter is named Isobel because I was reading the book when expecting her and loved the name (though it is Isabelle in the book) as was Charlotte Grey, the girl at the lion d'or and engelby (probably more too but it's getting late and I'm tired lol). My brother has also been lending me loads of Ian Rankin books which I love maybe most of all because we used to live in edinburgh lol and I can identify :) and Phils mum left me a load of girly books when they went back to Germany I think the last one I read was conversations with the fat girl (or something similar!) and I enjoyed it. I'll give anything a try :D Like most of the Grisham books I've read and really enjoyed reading the harry potter ones with the kids.

Got the newest Bill Bryson to read now, the one about the history of his house, love his travel books but not sure how this one will be as Phil said he can't get into it....

oh and have been downloading all the classics on my ipod :) I seem to have 5 books on the go constantly!