Trip to Yellowstone

SaraB

Here are some pictures from my trip to Yellowstone a few weeks ago. We saw wolves!!! They were far away and I had to take the pictures through our spotting scope, but we saw wolves!! :D

Tetons

P8200632.jpg

Elk

P8200631.jpg

Bison

P8200630.jpg

And off in the distance where the trees come to a point is where the wolves live.

P8190618.jpg

A slightly closer shot.

P8190619.jpg

And through the scope! You can only really see the black one, but there were two grey ones with it that day. All together there was a white/light grey alpha female, black alpha male, grey adult, black pup, and two grey pups. We got to see them run around and play! We looked for them for 4 days and saw them every time. They are a pretty active pack.

P8200623.jpg

P8200622.jpg

P8200621.jpg

And we followed this HUGE grizzly (from the road a safe distance away with about 100 other people) until he finally decided to just take a long nap on the river bank.

P8190615.jpg

P8190613.jpg

P8190606.jpg

Thanks! I used a Olympus Stylus 10.1. It's seen it's last days as an underwater camera, so now I just use it on land. Works pretty well for a small camera. It worked awesome as an underwater camera until I broke some pieces off of it somehow.

I went to Yellowstone a few years ago, we camped in a tent for 3 days. We loved it. We may be going back next year as my father would like to go back to the USA but he is to old now to hire a car.

Like me though my father loves Yosemite the most of the Wests National Parks. He wants to go back one last time before he is too old to enjoy the walks.

Wow fantastic Pics.

Yellowstone has some incredible scenery. biggrin.gif

(even though the entire region is an active SUPERVOLCANO !!!)unsure.gif

Love the pics of the Bear just chillin'

(was chased by a bear in Canada about 10 years ago. . .:lol: )

I would love to go and visit too.

Wow echoing the jealousy of others! What beautiful pics! That sencery is stunning and wolves in the wild! Did you just live my dream or what! When I was younger I saved up loads of money to go and backpack through the rockies and go to Yellowstone to take photos of wolves for a few weeks and hopefully write a book.... unfortunatly I could find anyone who would go with me and I was a wuss when I was younger! :huh: Plus I kind doubted my ability in book writting! :)

Andy chased by a bear???? Your gunna have to go indepth more there!!??

Amazing - i watched a 3 part series called Casey and Brutus on Nat Geo Wild the other day and he went to (i think it was yellowstone) Yellowstone a lot and it's just amazing! Casey has a bear, called Brutus, who he has had since a baby cub and brought him up - it's amazing the bond they have it's just unreal and so coool!

Here are some older pictures of mine. I've actually visited Yellowstone several times. My parents have a summer home in WY and when I was still in school we went out there every summer since I was 10 years old. Seems like I used to see way more bears when we first started going. But now it's easier to see wolves. I was sad to hear that the Druid pack took a big hit these last couple of years and now there's only one female left. They used to be such an awesome pack! They were the first wolves I'd ever seen.

trout_lake.jpg

peak.jpg

old_faithful.jpg

hot_spring2.jpg

hot_spring1.jpg

deer.jpg

coyote.jpg

chipmunk.jpg

grand_teton.jpg

firehole_river.jpg

bear_tooth.jpg

yellowstone_029.jpg