your advise and ideas appreciated here

shanetez1

right guys orca is on the mend and almost up to her ideal weight again. so the question being i want to get her spade as planned shes 2 weeks into her first season and vets advise was to wait till 3 months after her next season and allow her body to settle a little more?? he did say he wouldnt mind doing it in 2 months if i wanted it done sooner? not sure what to go with what you think guys?

its a tough one ideally i would like to wait till next time round as vet suggested let her finish growing and get back to her normal self before rocking the boat? but during this season both the girls began to fight a bit and it sometimes has to be broke up dont want them to hurt each other i was only for the first few days of season but not nice to see it and hoping once there done that it wont be repeated?

i have exactly the same issue with my rescue girl...she was very underweight and the vet who saw her in the rescue centre, refused to spay her and i was able to take her under the condition i spayed her when she was strong enough..have only had her over two weeks and already i can see a difference in her..my vet reckons three months more before i get her done, so i will see how she is by then and hopefully she will be able for it

I would listen to the vet hun, I have waited two seasons and I have to say Im sooo gald I did, Nukka has grown up sooooo much and yes I totally get what you mean about the hormonal and tetchy but its only three weeks, I'd just keep a closer eye on them for that three week period and then your home free! Like you say I really think she would put that extra growing time to good use before you put her through the spay. Just my opinion for what its worth. :)

We have just had Ava spayed and this was 3 months after her 2nd season and she is now 18 months old. Personally I didn't want to put her through that operation just after her first season as I felt she was so young and I am glad we waited because she suffered a bit for a few days after the op (although this could have just been Ava as she is such a drama queen anyways!!!!) she wined and whinged solidly for 2 days afterwards and keeping her quiet and still was a nightmare but almost 10 days on and she is healing fine and obviously a lot more comfortable. I think that if you trust your vet then following his advice is probably the best way to go.:)

I know I would deffinitly do what the vet says and wait. He/She is tthe expert after all. Just because the two of them got snippy with one another last time dosen't mean it is sure to happen again. Although I would try to keep them apart or at least keep a close eye on them so I could stop any fights before they hurt each other.