The mysterious moving car

Saffmonster

I had a call from my mum earlier on. She was crying her eyes out and wanted me to come round as she had a bit of an emergency.

So, I drive round there thinking the worst :(

It turns out it wasn't an emergency, but more of a mystery :011: :icon5:

My dad had got home from work to find my mums car on the other side of the road to the house and resting on a 1ft high wall. The radiator is bust and there is a huge wall shaped dent in the front bumper. My dad went in to ask my mum about the car and she didn't know anything about it.

Now, my mum is disabled and sleeps a lot during the day. She had last used the car in the morning and parked the car outside the house.

When my dad later went to move the car, it was locked up, there was no sign of a break in, the hand brake was on and both sets of keys accounted for.

No-one, not even the neighbours know what happened.

We think the car may have rolled, but there is a lot of damage and isn't consistent with the distance the car moved, also the car is an automatic so they don't really roll?!! We are very confused!!

Because of all the meds my mum is on, she gets really doped up in the evening and has been know to sleep eat (similar to sleep walking, but she raids the fridge in the middle of the night). We asked if she may have sleep walked/drove the car, but she is adament that there is no way she would have driven the car, crashed it, locked it up then got back into bed again and she's probably right as she can't even get the sleep eating thing right most of the time. My dad often finds food all over the kitchen in the mornings. :011:

My parents are living with my grandma at the moment as my grandma has just had a knee replacement.

A neighbour heard the noise and called the police a couple of hours later when saw the car on her driveway and didn't know whose car it was. A very observant lady, the car has only been sat across the road from her for 2 months now :lol:

The police were called but refused to do anything about it aparently.