Since getting doofus

cuds

I am unsure if some of you know but diz took in jasper/doofus and needed to find him a forever home , well i did and he is a really sweet dog , instead of keep putting it in the re-homing post i will be putting things here , as easier

Where to start ?

Diz's first post wasn't very encouraging , said he was destructive had chewed everything and was a bit bad around her other dog , well i like a challenge so i read on a bit and the post said he had calmed down a little so we where looking for one and said why not , after a chat and a meet we took him home

First thing was to make sure he know we where boss , set ground rules for him , when i feed him it is always above his head , i make him sit , give me paw then he gets his food , at night i have stopped him making me take him out every 2 or 3 hours

So this is his routine , he wakes me around 7am now after being caged for his walk , around 30 minutes - he then gets fed 2 chicken wings , he is ok for around 1 1/2 to 2 hours then want's out again , then again and again and again lmao

At 10 pm at night i take his water away from him so he doesn't need to go in the night , i didn't but this is working and he is fine until around 7 as mentioned

He gets caged around midnight or 2 am depends when i walk my partner home to hers and that's doof's final walk he then gets caged

I got him a chew toy so he comes nudges you when he want's to play this is maybe why not chewed anything as he knows this is ok and won't be punished for it , he can rip it to shreds as that's what it is for , he did try to chew on angela's shoe once but a quick leave or drop and he ignores it then

We are so lucky we got him and he has been fine ever since , is pics on his facebook under the signature on here :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a problem guys i promised diz i would stay in touch and let you all know how he was doing as for facebook and more pics not a problem , will sort out some good ones and put on here instead

Have a load at the moment

41044_429407491399_569846399_5615398_1966178_n.jpg

59011_430429126399_569846399_5636901_7175958_n.jpg

59042_430429291399_569846399_5636910_3092286_n.jpg

47539_430429386399_569846399_5636913_4350871_n.jpg

47150_105730599486665_100001491765421_44544_2574131_n.jpg

45822_428945831399_569846399_5603174_7624659_n.jpg

47150_105730602819998_100001491765421_44545_5902838_n.jpg

This last one looks like he has a mustache ha ha ha , will sort out more pics later as have loads of him doing different things

I have blisters on my blisters from so much walking lately laugh.gif

Can't have him he is all ours (insert evil laugh here) ha ha , must admit he is isn't he , he is now of to meet one of his g/friends , hope it goes ok and they get on as be his playmate , one of my g/friends and mine school friends who also has a rescue husky , so maybe get pics of them both also :) , catch you later hopefully with more pictures :)

It was cancelled for next week now :( , other person had to go out at last minute ) is so funny as angela's daughter took doof for a walk with her friend , they have a tiny i think labradoodle pup it was tiny , doof and it playing looked hilarious , shame i didn't have my camera as would have cracked you all up , next time they meet will have to try to get some

As for doof being ok and happy , he sure is and don't worry will post lots more pics as they come smile.gif

Is so weird diz as he hasn't chewed anything here , then again he isn't left alone , if he goes quiet i go look what he is up too

Plus he has his chew rope and comes nudges you to go play with him and it so maybe that's why , i walk him so much that he is pooped out most of the time as well so no energy , then again neither have i lately wink.gif

Doof is so well behaved , he wakes around 7 am so i take him out then feed him and he stretches out and has a rest or plays tug of war with his rope toy then around a hour to two hours later he lets me know he wants out again , then same he just chills out or wants to play tug of war with me again , i then take him out around 1 or 2 , he will then mainly flake out again for ages , he gets walked around roughly every 3 hours at moment , it depends if i tire him out or not

I then feed him again at 7 pm and take his water away from him around 10 pm

At around midnight after i have walked angela home he goes to his cage by himself as knows it's bed time , he gets a little treat and he settles for the night and wont call me until 7am , if he does have a bad night he wants out around 4.30 am but that's only been twice after 10 days of having him

He is so good on the lead also hardly pulls unless gets to end of leash and i stop him before he can now

He hasn't chewed anything as enough chew toys and he knows i will play with him with them , at moment he is flaked out in the hallway just relaxing

He isn't to bad with other dogs also , if he gets a little rough i just pull him away and walk him the opposite way , after a short time he will ignore them and walk with me , if he does pull a lot , we turn around and walk opposite way , when he behaves we walk properly if he doesn't just keep changing routes , after a while he stops and seems to be ok

He is a amazing dog , so loves his belly rubs and cuddles , would be lost without him now biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...