Hi from Iowa

tiffany

Hi everyone!

after 2 computer crashes within months of each other and now hoping for the best, i decided to look for some husky based forums. i was on several before the crashes, but i didn't keep the links or anything, stupid me. but anyways i do recognize some members here from the other forums, so yay! and i can't wait to meet some new friends.

now to about me and my pups.

i live in iowa. right along the mississippi river, where illinois, iowa and missouri all meet. pretty much nothing here. i have been married for 2 years as of june 6th. we got married 06-07-08. i work with the mentally and physically handicap and i am in the process of getting into a nursing program. so work and school take up a majority of my time, which i know in the end will be worth it. my husband works on the local railroad and i can't wait for the day when we can move :)

living with me and my husband are our 3 'kids'. we have izzy the akita, koozie the husky and keno the husky. due to the afor mentioned computer crashes, i don't have any really recent pictures of them, i know bad mom, but with work and school, i didn't get around to editting them before the 2nd crash and i have been gun shy about taking any more.

here is a picture from may.

izzy is the pinto akita

koozie is the red and white pinto/splash coat

keno is the agouti

257.jpg

037.jpg

izzy is going on 4 yrs old in january

kooz will be 3 in december

keno will be 2 in february.

we have had the boys since they were 6 weeks old. it was better for us ( not something i would reccommend for everyone) due to izzy being very true to her breed and more easily accepting of young pups. i will post some more pictures in the picture section of keno growing up. his coat change is amazing!

now that all said, my entire family are dog lovers. and since i am close with my family, i consider the next dogs i am going to mention as mine too, as i help bath, groom, train and love them and see them quite often.

along with the 3 that live with me i have:

2 bichons, brother and sister. jack and tillie. they will be 5.

025-1.jpg

2 shibas. jersey ( red) will be 4 and zoe ( cream) will be 3

009.jpg

akita. tipsy fawn with black mask. she will be 3.

20100327_338.jpg

so we have pairs of dogs lol

2 akitas

2 shibas

2 huskies

2 bichons

my brother just ruined it though and got an aussie pup he named cooper

41051_687768424777_37617364_37673934_6519798_n.jpg

i have some dog training schooling and i am really interested in genetics and canine behavior. so thats me in a nutshell.

Welcome the Pack.

Wow, They must keep you running around in circles, all the different breeds and personalities. biggrin.gif

If you put your pics on here in your Gallery or a photosharing site like Photobucket, you wouldn't have lost all your precious piccies rolleyes.gif

Lovely Pics Beautiful Dogs.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

i do have a photobucket account, but the new pictures i had yet to edit so i never up loaded them, thinking i would have the time later. well that didn't happen. but i do have all the important ones in a photobucket account and i'm definately going to be more proactive in putting pictures there.

as for akitas. i mean they are more of a guard dog than a husky. but something a lot of people dont know is they are more of hunting breed than a guarding one. i have been involved with akitas for the past years, they are definately not a breed for everyone nor is everyone for an akita.

Hiya Tiff - hows things goes huni - so pleased to see Dino's brother Koozie on here, not to mention the gorgeous Izzy and Keno :D The rest of your pack are looking great and your brothers puppy is absolutely adorable.

You will find everyone on here really friendly and you are most welcome with your wealth of husky experience.

Hey Tiffany, always glad to see another Iowan on the forum. There are a few of us on here.