Tell you what here's a good idea.

Grumpy Busted

Tell you what here's a good idea.

Let's put all our less than able bodied / minded senior citizens in jail and all the criminals into a nursing home.

This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies and

walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical

treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of

paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped

instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be

ironed and returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20

minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual

counselling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free,

on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with

gardens.

Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the

guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered

to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone and

unsupervised.

Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.

Live in a tiny room and pay £900.00 per week and have no hope of

ever getting out.

Justice for all we say

My mom spent the last few years of her life in a nursing home. If she had not, I would have read this a bit differently. It is such a shame that the elderly are not treated with more respect and reverence. I visited my mom everyday and I think that made a difference in how she was treated by the staff. My mom was always clean, always well kept. Others were not so.

Prisoners, who have violated the law, seem to have it made when in jail, unless they are guests of Sheriff Joe in Maricopa County, Arizona. There they live in tents in 120 F heat, wear pink underware, no TV, PC, or phone, bologna sandwiches and water for food, work all day in the searing sun.

My mom spent the last few years of her life in a nursing home. If she had not, I would have read this a bit differently. It is such a shame that the elderly are not treated with more respect and reverence. I visited my mom everyday and I think that made a difference in how she was treated by the staff. My mom was always clean, always well kept. Others were not so.

Prisoners, who have violated the law, seem to have it made when in jail, unless they are guests of Sheriff Joe in Maricopa County, Arizona. There they live in tents in 120 F heat, wear pink underware, no TV, PC, or phone, bologna sandwiches and water for food, work all day in the searing sun.

I think I have seen that on TV here, there was a series where "hard" UK criminals who weren't yet in gaol, were sent there for a stretch to see how they were treated & try & straighten them out a bit - definitely affected some of them ....

Dont now much what happens in prisons as never steped near one dont really watch the news i get to upset. But I have worked in a nursing home and agree more could be done for the elderly in care homes alot of familys that just come in 1 year to the next and some did not see anyone but 1 or 2 did have that caring person that did come in daily.

I know people who have done time.

And they have done everything they can to get back inside. . . .why??

Because they have a better life inside than out. . . angry.gif

"Prisoners, who have violated the law, seem to have it made when in jail, unless they are guests of Sheriff Joe in Maricopa County, Arizona. There they live in tents in 120 F heat, wear pink underware, no TV, PC, or phone, bologna sandwiches and water for food, work all day in the searing sun."

Ok - not sure why I want to laugh here but why the pink underwear?

Totally agree with the other comments - the price to stay in the 'old people's' homes is staggering!