Hello from a new Husky owner in Tennesse

snssewell

Hello everyone :)

My name is Silke and we decided to get a husky a little while ago as companion for our 6 year old, slightly overweight couch potato, chow mix boy Whisper. So we got lil Miss Zihna about 1 month ago. She is 3 1/2 month now and a pretty good puppy most of the time (lol).

We live in Clarksville TN where my husband is stationed with the military but currently deployed to Afghanistan. I am originally from Germany but been living in the US for about 6 years now.

Since the Husky is such a special breed I decided to sign up with this forum to learn as much as I can about them and also get some general help as I go along with training and raise her to be a well behaved dog lady.

Looking forward to reading all your answers to my many questions in the future. :)

~Silke~

Hi Silke, welcome to the Pack. You've got your hands full with your husband out of country, and a new puppy. Huskies can be challenging. Just keep your patience, be consistent in training, and make sure your Husky gets exercise and that you spend time with her. Look forward to seeing some pics, and as Rosemary said, if you have any questions please ask. This a very active forum with a broad cross section of members.

Hi Silke, welcome to the forum :) I am sure you will find all you need here, but if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask, there is always someone available to answer questions. Would loooove to see pics of your puppy :lol: See you around the forum.

Thank you Rosemary. I will work on some pics. I actually put one in my profile but it did not show in the first post. Maybe it will now. If not I will figure something out :blink:.....lol

Hi Silke, welcome to the Pack. You've got your hands full with your husband out of country, and a new puppy. Huskies can be challenging. Just keep your patience, be consistent in training, and make sure your Husky gets exercise and that you spend time with her. Look forward to seeing some pics, and as Rosemary said, if you have any questions please ask. This a very active forum with a broad cross section of members.

Hi Mazz,

Thank you. Yes it can be a challenge with him gone but she keeps me "BUSY" and the time goes faster :P. Plus I have a 17 year old daughter and she helps out a lot when she is home.

As far as the exercise, I noticed today that if I walk her in the morning the whole day goes a lot smoother. It has been so hot that I would walk them in the evening but I think getting out and about in the AM really pays off. We also have a yard for them to run around during the day but they prefer the living room :mellow:. And playing is most fun really close to my legs. lol.

I have already noticed that Zihna is a bit hard headed compared to when my chow mix was a puppy.....oh boy!!! LOL! But now that she knows what "No" means (most of the time when the selective hearing is turned off) things have gotten easier and my couch and pillows are safe again. :lol:

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Hi Silke welcome, any thing you need to know jus ask, there is always some one here to help. xxxxx pic's are a must lol xxxxx

Working on the pics :D I managed to get a ticker so that is a start....but there will be more to come. I like how you have yours in your signature. Is there a website where I can create that?

Hiya, Silke, welcome to the pack :wave:

So, what does Whisper think of his new house mate?? Do they get along ?

Please, please, please post some pics of them both! :D

Hi Val,

Well....Whisper was not happy at first. I actually thought that I made a mistake by adding to the family. After exactly 1 week he realized that she is not going anywhere and here to stay so he said: Oh well...since she is here I guess I play with her! :lol: but she dear not take my bones from me. lol