Ads all over the place???

Sid_Wolf

Does anyone else have annoying ads all over the place??

when i read a thread theres one between the 1st post and the 2nd. and when i go into a forum section there's one between threads in there aswell...

Is it intentional Marc or can you move them??

I think "All over the place" is a bit of an exaduration. They have been placed under the first post of each thread, and under the first topic of each forum.

Unfortunatly this place aint coming cheap these days .... The other day I had to upgrade us to a totally dedicated server which increased the sites cost from being expensive, to being 50% more expensive. The choice was really simple and none optional, we either cut back on some of the features on the forum and start limiting things left right and center, or we start to ensure the site can sustain itself.

Unfortunatly its really that simple. If we want the best, it gotta be paid for.

Ohhh ok, I thought they'd just jumped up from the bottom of the page!!

Yea thats understandable Marc, they're just suprising me, cus on my comp they dont show up straight away, so the page jumps! lol :rolleyes:

Sorry, Sid - had to reply - just had a mental image of the ads "jumping" from the bottom of the page - shouting "BOO!" as they did! :lol:

Sorry - I'll get my coat ..................................................................................:rolleyes:

Have you thought of using Adserve, by Google

It will target exact ads appropriate to the content on the page. ??

Think thats adsense m8 not adserve. That is what is currently being used. The target ads are only as exact as you sent them up unfortunatly and can take time to get them right.

yep you're right. . .just remember it from an article I read on how Google generates it's income. . .biggrin.gif