Parents

Stormy

Well not mine my boyfriends we live in their house they know were getting shadow etc, i said this morning i dont think you should leave the cats bowls on the floor all the time anymore she said well if he touches it he will get in trouble..... i just thought well your the one leaving it on the floor :S am i just being funny about this and getting annoyed for no reason or what i feel like theyre gonna blame the dog for everything when its their own fault if they leave everything about ive pre warned them so if it happens it is their fault lol

ok just say this

if either of us leaves the food down and the other ones pet gets sick then that person will pay the vets bills!

then not so subtley remind her of huskies sensitive stomachs. and then google the price of meds for huskies and post it on the fridge

when daughtry was ill i had £70 of antibiotocs and liquids to give her.......

she may learn or she ight get a shock at the first vets bill you present her with

Where is the cats food normally kept? Can you put up a baby gate so he can't get to it?

Our cats food is in our bedroom in the day, and Eika doesn't go in there and then it's in the living room at night, again, when she's not allowed in there - baby gates up (and doors slightly closed as she jumps the gate with ease!)

Is there a possible way you could do something like this?

The cat food is in the kitchen unfortunately i dont think she is going to let me put baby gates up everywhere

Talking of money i am de fleaing her house today due to her being lazy and not sorting out her cats so i have spent 40 pounds on all the stuff including wormer for the cats bought its a few weeks ago still havnt had the money back yet im not happy today lol

hmm...apart from getting the cats used to having their food only down morning and night (and baby gating if necessary until it's picked up...) i can't think of a solution if your boyfriends mother won't cooperate.

Try not to let it stress you though...or you may start to put your boyfriend in a tough place between you and his family - it's nearly come down to that with my husband and in law's, luckily we're nipping it in the bud before it happens, as we can see it happening...just a warning! :)

Don't worry. . . Shadow will eat the cat food, then Shadow will eat the cat.

Problem solved. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif.

Only joking. . . .(perhaps)blink.gif

I also second the thought on the cat sad.gif I'm lucky, my boys haven't taken a liking to my cat.....yet.....her bowls are on top of the dishwasher, that's on top of my washing machine so there is no way they can get to them or her.

The cat won't stay on the floor for long, mine lives either on top of the dishwasher or on top of my fish tank now

Best solution I can come up with is get a crate and pen for the puppy. The puppy is going to eat the food if it gets the chance, so if you don't want the parents to get angry then it's up to you to not give the puppy a chance to mess up. Only let it out when you are there to supervise and teach it "leave it". Sounds like it's going to be hard to have a dog in your situation. I'd get really frustrated if I had to deal with someone not wanting to cooperate and help raise the puppy right. Also I'd be more afraid of the puppy getting into the litter box. I'm sure that would make them much more angry and it's disgusting. I have to keep my cat's litter boxes either up on a table out on the porch or in the utility room where only they can get to it through a small cat door.

Good luck and I hope you can talk some reason into them!

It's like Lyra has a sixth sense when it comes to cat food. If she can sneak past the baby gate while the cat is eating (his food is in the bathroom), she wolfs it down like you can't believe. She's only ever managed to get a mouthful, but your boyfriend's parents are being a little silly... It would be like putting their favorite dessert right in front of them but telling them they can't eat it.

Best solution I can come up with is get a crate and pen for the puppy. The puppy is going to eat the food if it gets the chance, so if you don't want the parents to get angry then it's up to you to not give the puppy a chance to mess up. Only let it out when you are there to supervise and teach it "leave it". Sounds like it's going to be hard to have a dog in your situation. I'd get really frustrated if I had to deal with someone not wanting to cooperate and help raise the puppy right. Also I'd be more afraid of the puppy getting into the litter box. I'm sure that would make them much more angry and it's disgusting. I have to keep my cat's litter boxes either up on a table out on the porch or in the utility room where only they can get to it through a small cat door.

Good luck and I hope you can talk some reason into them!

I agree....this would be a great solution. Get some really yummy dog treats and if the puppy leaves the cat food alone then reward it with the yummy treats. Its worth a try....but accidents happen of course :). Tell them that you will try and teach the puppy not to touch the cat food but not to punish the puppy if it accidentally eats it while it is learning. Good luck and yes let us know how the meeting goes. :)

Luckily there is no litter tray so that's fine for a start!! Well when we have this meeting I will be explaining what I would like them to do I don't want them to start shouting at shadow if he does something I want them to do the same things as me and my boyfriend but tbh they probably won't but he shouldn't be around them to much anyway

Yes it is frustrating