PLEASTE TAKE NOTE all campers in october

KSNS

A heads up my Sakari started her season yesterday chances are she will still attract attention from you're males, I normaly walk her off the lead for those who have not met her she is ver well trained will do pretty much aything i say and because she is in season I will keep her on leash at all times as it will be unfair to all males. My Nukka is also about a week away from 6 months so is due her 1st season some time soon so quiet possibly could start as well.

I will not have boxers or anything on her i think they are stupid how ever i will use a strong scented spray on her to mask her from other dogs but feel free to come say hello to both but males will prob be better at slight distance. I have no doubts you can control you're dogs as the awesome husky owners members are here and i will keep control of mine. But if you're sibe has not been done an tries to mount please do not stand and laugh I wont be to amused she is going to be done but as of yet has not.

I know this wont be an issue with you all being the great owners you are so please help with this situation be truely greatful

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about the camps because I'm in America and haven't gone to one, so please don't take this as me trying to be rude; but do you think it's really the best decision to take a female in heat to the camp?

I know what you are saying but i will have my dogs under control and as long as every one else has theirs under control and is aware I don't see it being a problem if some one thinks they can't control their dog/dog's then jus keep a little distance just about being responsable :-)

Just like I was walking my dogs like i do every day some woman's dog went nuts to get off lead think it was mostly in attack mode i said calmly as i was moving out of her way my dog has just started season so could you please try and keep your's where it is an i will move over she said well should not have you're dog out if in season my reply was simple if you can't control you're dog and mine are jus walking around as it is their right maybe she should look at who needs to not have their dog in public. That was example fro other day not any of you guys here :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers Dunc just thought it fair to tell every one like i said if people chose to come say hi more than welcome if wish to stay away I respect that as well :)

We'll all be fine m8. Think it's rules at campsite that they are on leads anyway and to be honest I would suggest it to everyone anyway regardless of the usual. Far too many dogs there and some have stated they will keep a distance due to aggression etc and hard to control if dogs are off leash. Chances of yours being the only one in season is very minimal anyways m8

no worries hun :)

My boys haven't been done as yet but will be with me at all times on my walking belt.

Camp rules are strict - no dogs off lead period (pardon the pun! lol)

I don't think you'll have any issues but +1 for letting us all know :)

Well my boys been fixed so he wont be a problem... he didnt pay any attention to Nukka whatsoever when she was in season so I cant think he'd pay any mind to your girls! :) Although its deffinaltly good for people with entacked boys to know in advance as there may well be a little bit more male rivalry going on with girls in heat about so deffinatly need to keep a tab on this! Good on you for the heads up! :)

i dout your girl will be the only one keath i'm sure someone els said their dog is due aswell, but as said if their all on a lead not a prob. so glad i got Odin done lol so my boys not a prb xxxxxxxxxx it's my girl that get's it wrong she's the humper lol

We know who wears he trousers in your pack then :D (sorry couldn't resist)

no worries hun :)

My boys haven't been done as yet but will be with me at all times on my walking belt.

Camp rules are strict - no dogs off lead period (pardon the pun! lol)

I don't think you'll have any issues but +1 for letting us all know :)

Ahhha, any chance i could have a go of your walking belt at some point on the camp Sarah ?

Oh I cancelled camp because Willow has come in heat did not think it be a good idea with so many dogs about. :(

:( I do still walk her on lead and tell them she is in heat noone seems to mind they just say thanks and move on or say its ok he has been fixed or its ok its a girl.

Well to late now would not be fair on Akia to take her as she would want to play and run about with the other dogs want to make sure she is fit and well. Also would not trust Willow to find an escape route to a hansom lad as she will be at full flirt stage......lol

But nothing will be stopping me next year both girls will be 100% no heat cycle to worry about.....Yyayyyeeeee.

keath get the bitch spray and the bitch tabs, it works better with both :)

What are these sprays and tabs you speak of..?! i have always used strong scented things to mask the scent works pretty well but when males close enough obv they can pick up on it still.

I will call it season spray i dont like calling my dog's bitchs lol.

Why are femae dog's called bitches anyways lol A bitch to me is a stressy mofo :P

What are these sprays and tabs you speak of..?! i have always used strong scented things to mask the scent works pretty well but when males close enough obv they can pick up on it still.

I will call it season spray i dont like calling my dog's bitchs lol.

Why are femae dog's called bitches anyways lol A bitch to me is a stressy mofo :P

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12938-bitch-spray-and-tablets/ we used um on skyla n they worked with blaze :) bitch is a fitting term for our skyla lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the camps because I'm in America and haven't gone to one, so please don't take this as me trying to be rude; but do you think it's really the best decision to take a female in heat to the camp?

I totally agree, I'm not going, so tell me to butt out if you want, but we have a rule in our club that no bitches in season are allowed to attend. Its not about people being responsible, in my view its not fair on the males and can cause fighting between other dogs. Hope nobody is planning on sleeping much, I think there could be a bit of howling going on:D

I had two intact dogs here with a bitch in season, one was put in a crate in the van for a few hours to give him and us some peace, he ate his way out of the crate and was going mad trying to get out of the van. The other boy managed to push a tiny window open enough to get out of, it was the top window, not a big one, and he pulled himself up and out.