Myshka got attacked :-(

Val (Zebedee)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, ouch. I hope it looks worse than what it is. Give her some extra hugs. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

Aww, poor girl, hope she'll be okay. I think a lot of the time its us that are affected more by it than the dog, it looks awful, but to them its just a slight annoyance.

Guys, most replies have been very sympathetic, but a couple have also had a go at the other dog and owner, as Val said, Myshka tried to hump the dog, he didn't like it, so he told her off - obviously he told her off in a very, very big way, but dogs will be dogs. We have read many posts on here from husky owners who have had other dogs approach theirs and behave inappropriately, and have supported them if the husky then snaps, so I don't think its fair to have a go at the other dog or owner, which Val or Steve haven't done. Now the injury is bad, and you would like to think that your own dog would just nip and back off, but maybe, and I'm sorry for implanting this mental picture now Val, the sheepdog's tooth got stuck, I know I've seen my dogs get their teeth into something and then be unable to get them out again, so maybe thats why he couldn't let go. The other owner was probably in shock, I dunno what I'd do actually to get a dog off another one like that, the guy that stucks his fingers up the nostril was very brave.

It sounds like an awful incident, but one that will happen with dogs, much as we love them, they are animals and will behave unexpectedly sometimes.

I'm going to recommend my favourite cure all now Val, manuka honey on the wound will help with stopping infection, as long as it doesn't get licked off by someone else:lol: Ask your vet if it would be okay to put some on, once she's been in this morning.