I just...

lokis_mom

I just don't understand how someone can be calm and collected when talking about putting their dog down....so I was walking loki today and that lady (the one I had a post on earlier that was wearing a white shirt and loki jumped on her with diry paws) anywho, saw that lady again today, she pulled of the side of the road to say hi to loki..(again giving me that look when he jumped on her even though she said let him go) so she was petting him and her dog got out of the car (I guess she really did have a dog haha but he's not husky thats for sure) and she starts telling me that she needs to make an appointment to put him down because he's too old (11yrs old)...Loki the lil bugger that he is just loves other dogs, loves loves loves other dogs and she starts telling me that loki has jealousy issues because he was crying for the dog to come back so he could play with him.....no that is not jealousy that is I wanna play with that doggie....but yea idk maybe its just me (my cat is 17yrs old and just the thought of him dying or if I ever had to put him down makes my eyes water) I just don't know how she can be laughing and joking and stuff saying yup gotta make that appointment he's too old....sad.gifhuh.gifohmy.gif

I don't understand it either. Some people, their pets are just that, pets; not a part of their family. I cried more when we had to make the dreadful decision about Elke, than I did with either of my parents passed away. Guess that makes me a terrible person in some circles.

It's different with dogs because you're the one who has to make the call. When my grandmother died, she was ready to go. We made the decision to stop the machines and she died five minutes later. Clearly, our decision didn't affect when she passed. When we had to put Jack down (10yo lab mix we lost two months ago), he was in multi-organ failure but all he wanted to do was go home. I still feel badly that we didn't let him come home to die. It feels cowardly.crying.gif

I think its prob. a big part of it....the story with rascle is that....I went to hang out w/my friends and stayed the night there, and when I came home (I will leave out the horrible details) my poor baby was just laying there on the steps with something near him. I was on the phone with my friend and dropped it ....I knew something was wrong, because he didn't move and that was out of character for him because for me he'd run through anything (but he was already gone) my moms now ex-husband did it, he admits it and laughs at it.

I think it hurt me more because now I blame myself for not being there, thinking that I could have stopped it or something. sad.gif.....just makes me so angry angry.gif I don't know how someone in their right mind could do what he did to a dog they lived with for 8yrs and then laugh at it.....it just wasn't his time.....

so it just hurts me when someone can be so nonchalant about never seeing their furry friend ever again

i dont know how that woman can joke!!!

when bear our white gsd passed on in jan this year the whole family was torn apart, he was our everything and it still hurts to look at his grave to listen to the song my bro played whilst we buried him

when neighbours were told that he had gone they also cried cos he was a great dog!!!

seeing my dogs in a bit of pain is bad enough but if i had to put one down?

i would be in the worst state possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

poor dog!!!!sad.gif

Dont know how she can joke about it, I broke my heart and actually fell out with my mum for a little while because she took our 14yo setter mix to the vet to get her checked out and had her put to sleep without telling me (I know she was going to the vet as her back legs would give from under her :() I was gutted that she never let me say bye (we'd had her since I was 4ish) Even when the chihuahua we inherited from my gran died (was a horrible nippy little thing, but I grew to adore her) I cried,

Some people just quite litterally have no soul, to have that little regard for life is disgusting but to actually have so little regard for an animal that has been a faithful friend and family memeber for that long and be able to laugh and joke about it is just souless... and the Lena the souless freak that did that to your dog... well there arnt even words to describe the world of pain thats comming his way... I am a big beleiver in Karma, hes gunna get his dont you worry!

My Milo is a 14yr old shitzu he is deaf and blind in one eye, his little legs give out on him sometimes and I have to carry him to the car when he goes to the groomers, he never hears us come into the room and I have to gentle pat him as he jumps a mile, yet there is no way on earth I would consider making a phone call to have him put down, in fact since we got Indie a fortnight ago she has given him a new lease of life and he has become a lot more mobile and less sleepy.

My Mollie was ill last year with Bladder stones, I didnt have pet insurance (for her or Milo) because the monthly premium was going up and up each year because of their age and the fact that we had never ever claimed for either or them over the 14 years I cancelled it - big mistake now I know, she cost £1,500 for her bladder stones op, then this March I knew she was poorly again and thought a stone had come back, turns out she had pyrometra and needed life saving hysterectomy, which cost us another £800. On both occassions people asked me why I didnt just have her put down as she had had a good life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS have now learnt lesson and all dogs have insurance again lol.

how sad :(

When I worked in the vets and it came to having the animal put to sleep, the owners got to me so much, you could see their grief and as i held their dog / cat etc as it passed away i cried as well - didnt' matter how many times i did it i still cried, how can people just be so nonchalant about it :(

Some people may say i am wrong but my gsd x Jack is surviving on daily full dose of melixovet pain killer as he is full of arthritis, torn cruciate ligament last year and now knee has fused, a fused ankle joint as he was knocked over at 6 months old now 9!!! He is the happiest soppiest full of live twit you would ever meet, through his life from his ops at 6 months, pins put in then removed, drugs constant vet checks swimming and no insurance he has cost me thousands, i could never have put him down unless he was unhappy and suffering!!! He is getting quite bad now hurt himself again yesterday chasing stevo, and i dread the day it comes so i dont know how anyone can joke about it!!!!! Heartless b**ch!!!

what the hell! Bingo is roughly 11 or 12 years old (we got him when he was 3 and have had him for nearly 8 years) n i would NEVER dream of having him pts due to his age! hes the youngest in heart out of all of my 3 and can out run them in a shot! if you see her again, tell her to think about rehoming him to and older couple who are after an older dog to spend their days with