As if things couldnt get any worse- they did at 12.45 today!!!!!!!!

Tamz

you jst will never believe what has happened????

an old lady has reversed into the front of my new car- shunting me backwards in the process :(

i jst still cant believe this has happened- she didnt even look!! slammed her car into reverse and smashed straight into me- before i even had chance to press my horn it had already happened- with 2 kids in car aswell :(

was jst about to pull up to pick kam up from nursery and could see her kicking off with a young mum saying she couldnt get through the gap- she was driving a kia not a bloody bus!!!!!

anyway the young mum said you'll have to move back abit then so i can repark my car- i heard all this as had my windows down....so the old lady got back into her car, slammed it into reverse and hey presto shunted me back :angry:

all she said to me at first was "theres no damage your okay" WTF!!!! how the bloody hell do you know- are you a mechanic???

took her details and have reported it to my insurance...but im so upset......i was sick when i got to nursery- i am still shaky now and keep going really dizzy :(

as if its not bad enough something like this happeneing but for it to happen when you have others people kids in your car aswell- im seriously gutted right now :(

not once did she ask if we were okay.....i really lost my temper with her in the end- i know i shouldnt have but i started to really shout- she was bugging me bigtime!!!

i just hope my car is okay- not even had it a month yet :(

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you are all ok.

The nausea and dizziness are symptoms of shock.

You need to sit down rest and drink some water.

Hope there isn't any damage to your car.

never seen her before in my life- kids are fine thankgod!!

honestly you should have heard me by the end of it all- i was like a bull raging!!

all the teachers at nursery prob fink im proper weird now aswell running into toilets like that :unsure: will have to apologise tomoz when i drop kam off

i am so upset right now :( :( :(

Hey, what have you got to apologise for? I'm just so glad you & the kids are OK. Have you reported it to the Police? It is an offence not to, so have a sweet tea, as Dani & Andy said, sit down & gather your thoughts, then drop down to the local Police station later today & report it. Did anyone at the school say they'd act as witness? This daft bat doesn't sound like she was altogether with it.xxxx{{hugz}}xxxx

im gunna check at school tomoz if anyone saw it- there were a few mums walking down to the school but im unsure if anyone saw it- sort of blocked everything out if you know what i mean??

had some dinner and a brew but i feel no different- still keep going really dizzy....chloe keeps coming and giving my a cuddle and asking if im okay :wub: she is so cute sometimes

i also now have a killer headache to go with all this now- ian is going crazy at work not knowing how me or car are....he keeps phoning checking im okay- keeps telling me to go drs to be safe but feel abit silly.....more sick people that need his time than me

do you fink i shoud tell megans mum?? i feel so guilty- but dont wanna upset her at the same time:unsure:

oh sweetie, how bloody awful...having been in a few crashes (some my fault and some not) i know that it's the scariest thing ever...so please sit down and have some tea and a biscuit.

Are you and the kids ok? Just make a note of the way your neck and the kids necks (if they can tell you if it hurts or not) feel today and remember that whiplash doesn't necessarily come out straight away, it might take a few days to emerge.

Glad you got all her details, and as for her saying no damage, could she not see the scratches or dent?

With road rage like that she shouldn't be on the road...and please report it to the police as Val says.

Big hugs babe xxx

oh sweetie, how bloody awful...having been in a few crashes (some my fault and some not) i know that it's the scariest thing ever...so please sit down and have some tea and a biscuit.

Are you and the kids ok? Just make a note of the way your neck and the kids necks (if they can tell you if it hurts or not) feel today and remember that whiplash doesn't necessarily come out straight away, it might take a few days to emerge.

Glad you got all her details, and as for her saying no damage, could she not see the scratches or dent?

With road rage like that she shouldn't be on the road...and please report it to the police as Val says.

Big hugs babe xxx

thanks huni....megan said she is fine but chloe on the other hand- everything hurts her at the mo so i dont know if she telling fibs or the truth lol........her legs hurt, her ears hurt, her toes hurt- she is poorly everyday and tired lmao...she says all this on a regular basis :lol:

bless you tamz, it doesn't rain but it pours ey?

i think you definately have to tell the kid's mum that was in the car with you-could you imagine if it happened to YOUR childminder and chlo was in the car-you'd go mental if she hadn't told u and one of the mum's at school said something

make sure you get photos now...not later

make sure you tell the police as you've reported it to your insurer.

love u both lots and massive hugs, am home after 6 if you need me xxxxxxx

Tamz, yeah you need to tell the kiddies parents what happened and I would def go and see a doctor if you're feeling well!!

Don't feel daft about getting it checked, best be safe.

And it's also def worth checking for witnesses, just in case the old lady changes her mind about what happened.

It's very common for stuff like this to happen, the driver will go home, speak to a friend or family member and change their story. A witness will back up your side of the story.

It's also not necessary to report this to the police providing that you've exchanged details with the other driver. Police will only usually get involved if there is a serious injury, third party is being an arse, or if your car is not drivable and blocking the highway. xxx

it's jst like my worse itemare coming true this!!!

i feel so upset about this- i jst hope megans mum doesnt flip too much- i know i wouldnt be happy if it was the other way around- its jst how mums are- especially me lmao :lol:

legal from my insurance has jst rung and said the 3rd party arent answering their phones so as it stands at the mo its my word against nobody's....she has to except liabilty before they will rpoceed with things :(

Tamz, don't worry so much. You've passed this to your insurer to sort out for you and even it if doesn't look or feel like they are doing anything, they probably are.

With regards to contacting the TP, it didn't happen that long ago, so the lady may be out and unable to answer the phone.

PM or text me if you've got any questions. I'm going to work in a few minutes xx

Huge hugs hun... hope you are feeling better soon.. definately sounds like shock..

Hope the kiddlies are ok too..

I know it's a new car - and no matter how annoying it is, it's a car and aslong as you are all safe - the insurance will deal with that for you.

You could do with taking yourself down the docs just to get checked over :)

I agree to tell the mum.. but she shouldn't have an issue - not like it was your fault hun.

Sounds like the TP is possibly still out.. it could take a day or two to get hold of her so don't worry about that end of things at the moment.

If you have passed on details of your insurers.. I don't think it's now a necessity to contact the police - but I would be just to get a crime number incase she decides not to play ball..

I would also definately look out for an independant witness just incase :)

Hope it all gets sorted hun..

Huge hugs.

Nikki xx