HELLO FROM CANADA :)

mizz.jackie.harris

]Hello, my name is jackie i am from hamilton ontario canada, I just bought my first husky puppy he isnt ready to go until nov 12 :) im very exicted and im happy i have found a forum for huskies.

I have a question for ya all.. my husky pup is a weird colour. the mom is said to be a piebald(blue merle) and dad is im not sure what he is but im going to post some pics of them and the puppies.. I think my pup might be a merle but she has him listed as a piebald...is there such thing as a merle husky? momma is reg with akc papers :unsure: ahhh all this is confusing for me lol

mom

[ATTACH]6187.IPB[/ATTACH]

dad

[ATTACH]6188.IPB[/ATTACH]

my pup

[ATTACH]6189.IPB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]6190.IPB[/ATTACH]

the litter he is the one with the darkest spots

[ATTACH]6191.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-2419-13585956378471_thumb.jpg

post-2419-13585956379745_thumb.jpg

post-2419-13585956382647_thumb.jpg

post-2419-13585956385053_thumb.jpg

post-2419-13585956387312_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Pack. Enjoy.

What unique markings. Such a cute puppy. Bet you will have a hard time waiting. I know I would.

Pie bald, I believe, is the absence of color on the head and sometimes the face with white being the dominant color on the top of the head. Merle or Blue Merle is common to Aussies and some other breeds. I've not heard of it on a Husky, but it may be possible. Looking at the photos, not sure that's what I would call Merle. I'd call it simply spotted or splashed. But I'm not an expert.

Here's a link that you take a look at get some information on colors and marking of Huskies. http://www.huskycolors.com

Get a calendar and start marking off the days!

PS. After posting the link, there are examples of Pie Bald on that site, that look very similar to the mom and to your new pup. So looks like my previous explanation is not accurate, based on the examples on the other site.

Welcome - pretty puppy! I haven't ever seen markings quite like those on a Siberian, but any markings are allowed by the American Kennel Club, anyway. Piebald is a white base, with splotches/patches of color - like a pinto/paint horse. Usually, though, they look more like your pup's mom. Good luck!

Welcome to the BEST husky forum in the WORLD biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see pics as he grows up and his colours change over the months.

If you need any help or advice about the forum or your furbaby don't hesitate to asklaugh.gif

hiya! welcome to the pack! :wave:

is your pup from Painted Dream Acres? I was looking at their planned breeding, cause I plan to get my next pup from them.

I thought that litter was sooo very unique :D also heard the mommy had lots of trouble during labor, and that's her last litter. poor girl :(

your pup is gorgeous :wub: please let me know how your experience with this breeder goes

Hi, welcome to us all. Seeing puppy pics is making me remember my puppy litters, oh the tears the laughter the being up all night for the births!!! but I would not have missed it for the world. Very Very hard work but I beamed with pride as both Mum and Dad looked after them together which is unusual!!

All the best with your baby x