What could you NOT live without??

Huskycat

I was just wondering what it is that people have got so used to they feel lost when they haven't got it?

Just recently, over the last week the transformer power supply to our laptop broke and my laptop died - I was really lost without it, all I could do was get a quick fix of the Forum and Facebook when I was at work. I have now got another one - Thank Goodness!!!

I didn't realise how much I used my Laptop - not just for social activites but also shopping sites, e-bay and banking and the kids homework!

I think to be sure it doesn't happen again I need to get another power supply and put it in reserve or even better still save up for an i-Pad all of my own :rolleyes:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Material wise: at least a pencil and paper. I grew up pretty un-privileged, so even though I'm super spoiled right now, I don't find it hard to get along when the computer is down or the electric it out.

Oh.. water.. couldn't live without the toilet or the shower. One year in Florida we had 3 hurricanes in a row and the electric and water was out for a month. That was HELL.

Otherwise: Loki, Rugo (Our cat) William (The hubby) etc.

I know exactly what you mean. When MY laptop broke, I was beside myself and I really missed checking my email since its

a huge part of my morning routine. I know it sounds silly, but thats just me.

To be honest, there are 2 things that bug me worse than being without a computer though. I despise the power outages that

have spontaneously happened to this base in the last couple of months. When they happen, I find that I miss the noise of the

TV and the lights, since lighting kerosene lamps is sometimes quite a challenge (when outages happen at night).