Tri colored husky

samantha21

Hi, we got our second husky about 4 weeks ago. She is red and is 10 weeks. About 2 weeks ago I started noticing around her eyes ( she has the raccoon eyes) has turned black or has just gotten dark enough for me to notice its actually black. I looked it up online and have seen mixed responses to if there are actually tri colored huskies. She is AKC. I have never saw one with my own eyes or even heard of them unless they were agouti. Does anyone have one or know how common they are? Her red doesn't look like its changing at all, but will she change to all black. Thanks for reading.

First, welcome to the Pack! Would love to see some pics. Our Zoya is a black and white, but she has some tinges of red on her rear legs. A Husky can be almost any color. It's all in the genes. Here's a link to a Web site devoted to the colors of Huskies: http://www.huskycolors.com

huskies can change colors through their lives. Pongo was really black when he was a pup and now he is lighter with more silver in his black. he also has tan on his back legs and a tinge of red behind his ears. he also had very prominent black rings around his eyes as a pup and those rings got significantly lighter as he got older. now the rings are getting darker again and he's got a V forming on his forehead. laugh.gif

markings at 8 weeks

Pongo%208%20weeks%20011.JPG

markings at 5 months notice rings around eyes very light now

011.JPG

markings at 1 year notice darkening of eyes, a V forming and coat is lighter

DSC_0008-2.JPG

it's so fun to see them change as they grow :wub:

Niko was almost black when he was born then went to a dark grey then gradually got lighter then got white and grey. Then he turned white/black and a grey brown sort of colour

Now hes got a gingery brown head and some on his back with black around his eyes and some dark grey on his back and a fair bit of white too

Ours colours have changed so much throughout the weeks

Just curious...youve all seen some puppy pics of angel?

She is red, black, silver/grey, white....does that count as Tri-colored? shes got patches on her head, eyes and hind legs of red,

black/grey/silver on the face, neck, and back, and of course the white.

Do the colors have to be highly noticable? Hers are getting darker red, more soft grey, and some more black than when I got her.

I always loved the light tan/red around her eyes, it looks like she is wearing eye-shadow, lol :)

BTW....reps for interesting new convo! :)

Nope she is not a tri. Check out my post above and look at the pic in the link of what a tri Husky looks like. SOLID black, tan points, some white (like on the legs, face, belly, tail etc) Needs to be mostly black though and the guard hairs are fully black not just banded.

I'm only looking at the pic in your sig but I would class her as a Wolf Grey maybe an Agouti

img1814b.jpg

I've been in contact with ann who owns the site about siberian husky colouring about this dog on the picture. She comes very close to a black and tan dog, her undercoat is brown coloured . On some parts of het body she has some brown comeing trough the black so not as pure black as the dogs on the picture but deffenetly a tri colour

• 3 weeks later...