What do you feed your dawg?

Lil Miss Bump

i am interested in what your huskies eat.....

ozzy has been having some tummy trouble recently.....

he usually has either

2 chicken wings or 1 chicken leg quarter in the morning

and either kibble and sardines/mackrel

heart

offal

in the evenings...........

he's been on wagg since we got him and never had tummy trouble before but mike has been doing some reading up and decided to try him on something else.....i think he's just bought purina sensitive.......what are your thoughts on this??

i know he likes gravy as he loves to lick my plate if it's had gravy on it.....he wont eat carrots at all........

can someone give me some other suggestions on what i can try him with to vary him a bit??

i know some people feed pasta and rice etc and i'd love to try that-but how much......these raw feeding things make no sense to me at all as we dont have scales and i dont work in cups!

thanks for any advice!

diz

xxx

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we had wagg for bingo - it was fine for him but as u know he ent a sibe (as much as he tries to be) but its crap lol

mine have wainwrights kibble - never had any problems with them on this

skyla when we 1st got her was on purina beta puppy - she was fine on this but we decided to swap her over cuz she was just eatin blazes anyway

so they have that and they also get beef and/or tripe chunks and a joint of pork twice a week sometimes they get stewing steak too lol - blaze is sooo fussy - he doesnt eat the beef or tripe

Bingo just has the wainwrights kibble and beef mince

Our guys get Peerless kibble now. Before that, it was Eucanuba.

Kayko - 65 lbs - gets 3 cups a day. Diva - 38 lbs - gets 2 cups / day.

I get them cheap steaks or beef shank from the "Marked Down for Immediate Sale" bin a few times a week and toss it to them raw.

They also really like rice, mashed potatoes, broccoli and asparagus - but I have to watch their weight carefully.

They go mad for yogurt. Any flavour.

(They're spoiled rotten...)

My two James wellbeloved all flavers but ocean fish is there fav.......lol. Eggs whole in the garden love watching them play with it.......hehehe. Raw bones,chicken wings,querters ect every third day. Would do complete raw but dont have room for a bigger freezer :( apples,carrots,bannanas, peas Akia loves them with her chicken wings........lol.

I've got mine on Red Mills Racer, its a greyhound food. Price is a major consideration when I have to feed 24 dogs, and I give any of dogs that are underweight, or that are working a half a cup of Chudleys Greyhound crunch every day as well, its dehydrated meat that I rehydrate and mix in with the kibble. Everyone loves it, and they are all doing really well on it.

I have one rescue boy that has been here for a year now and he was incredibly skinny when he came in and had the runs constantly, his previous foster home couldn't get it to clear up. Finally I managed to get him solid on this diet and he has put the weight on nicely.

Sampson has been on a variety of dry foods over the years and never had a problem with any of them. He as been on bargin basement food, Pedigree, and middle of the range. Now that he is on raw his poo is actually white and crumbly. I have also noticed a substantial reduction in the amount of poo in the kennel outside.

Nikita (who as we all know isn't really a husky) has always had loose(ish) poos. It comes and goes and her food has never really had an impact.

I have recently started them on raw (in an attempt to fatten Nikita up). Right now they are getting chicken, turkey, mince, some pig liver.

My goal is to get Nikita up to 80lbs so I am feeding her based on this. She gets 2 large chicken leg quarters (Asda cheapies get 3 in a pack) in the morning, and one in the evening. Alternatively she will get a turkey leg in the morning and one chicken leg quarter in the evening.

Sampson's is based on 50lbs so he gets one chicken leg quarter in the morning and one in the evening. Turkey days he gets one turkey leg in the morning and one chicken leg quarter in the evening.

If I am giving them mince, it would be about 500g for Nikita and 250g for Sampson for one meal. Then one chicken leg quarter each for the other meal.

They also get small amounts of liver each day, Nikita about 35g and Sampson about 25g.

I am working on getting them some other types of offal as well. I just started the raw so I am still finding my way as well.

We buy Natures menu frozen cubes in the Fish and chick, Lamb, tripe and chicken.. then We also buy prize choice minced chicken (this has bone ground in) and beef chunks, then we get 20 chicken wings for a £5 about once a month from our local butcher. And for a bit of variety they have the price choice blocks of different meats like the rabbit or the turkey every so often and they have sardines, mackrel or tuna about once a month an egg every now and again.. the odd sausage if Im cooking them for Glenn.

Dont always give rice as its built in to some of the natures menue stuff but when I do I'll get the smallest sauce pan I own (a little milk one) and just cover the bottom in plain brown rice boil that up and split it between them so its literally like maybe 50gs each? Less? Wouldnt do pasta as that has wheat in it.

Veg they have abit of most stuff that I steam in tiney amounts but again thats in the natures menu so if thats what they have that meal I wont make any extra.

They loooove cut up bits of apple, or pear, Nukka loves carrots Shadows not fussed but will eat it rather than let Nukka have it.. they both eat peas, sweetcorn, spinich etc.

They looooooove Mashed potatoe with grated cheese in it but obviously thats only as a treat as its very starchy!

Hope you find something to suit the Oz-man! :)

I feed Taste of the Wild 100g twice a day for both of mne, they also get a whole raw carrot every few days, sometimes a raw fish each, and meaty raw bones from butcher when i can get them. Treats is Gravy bones, chew sticks, and home made treats with cheese in them.