My first team

rose

A few pics of my very first running dog team, they were a great lot, we did some rallies with them too.

Dsc01667.jpg

The little tan collie dog was my leaddog, the hardest worker on the team too, would run forever bless her she was named chenka, the grey collie was called icey, grey sibe was suka & the big red boy was wolfy.

Dsc00307.jpg

wolfy Dsc00949.jpg

Dsc00289.jpg

AfterARun.jpg

These pics were from a few years back now but shows that you can run other breeds of dog in harness & they enjoy it not just huskies.

Great pics, have you still got that tiller rig?

One of my best mushing dogs is Didge, an Australian shepherd cross (we think) the shelter we got her from had her down as a husky cross because she has a bit of blue in one eye! But she will run and pull all day, and picked up her commands very quickly. Any dog that enjoys it can do it, I love seeing other breeds out working.

oooh Im intruiged... I've been told (although I dont really know HOW knowledgeable this person was) that Dallys are too delicate to pull... but I would THINK they would have a similar bone structure to setters and pointers and obviously I know they run.. what do you expereinced guys think??? Just a general wonderingment!? LOL :lol:

I don't know anything about dalmations only that they ran next to carriages,i wouldn't think they were too delicate to pull but don't know enough about them.

Maybe thats something I shoulf put abit of research in on coz I would think a team of Dallys all running together would look stunning!!

Love your Merle Collie btw he looks lurvley! :D

oooh Im intruiged... I've been told (although I dont really know HOW knowledgeable this person was) that Dallys are too delicate to pull... but I would THINK they would have a similar bone structure to setters and pointers and obviously I know they run.. what do you expereinced guys think??? Just a general wonderingment!? LOL :lol:

I've often wondered about Dalmatians, as they used to run long distances with the carriages, but maybe there is something in what you've been told, I can't believe nobody has come up with a Dally team yet if they would be good mushing dogs, they would make more sense to me to cross into a line of eurohounds or alaskans than pointers because of their history. Let us know how you get on:D

I've often wondered about Dalmatians, as they used to run long distances with the carriages, but maybe there is something in what you've been told, I can't believe nobody has come up with a Dally team yet if they would be good mushing dogs, they would make more sense to me to cross into a line of eurohounds or alaskans than pointers because of their history. Let us know how you get on:D

Right well everything I can find on t'interweb says Dallys can run and pull as good as any other dog so dunno what the person who told me they couldnt was thinking! Infact some "urban mushing" or dryland mushing site specifically list Dallys as good mushing dogs and from what Iv read about their temprament and personality they are actually incredibley similar to sibes! Stubborn, clownish, need alot of exercise and training by the sounds of it their only major difference is that they are incredibley loyal and "one man dog-ish" so therefore easier to recall train!

ooooh soooo want to see a team of mushing Dallys now!! LOL:D