Fire fighters refused to help

lokis_mom

3 dogs die in Tennessee house fire, firefighters refuse to help

The consequences for failing to pay a $75 fire protection fee proved deadly to a Tennessee family's pets. The couple forgot to pay the mandatory fee, the fire department refused to help, and as a result, their house burned to the ground, killing all of their pets and destroying all of their belongings.

Although the family pleaded with the firefighters they'd pay whatever was necessary to have them extinguish the flames, their request was refused. In the area outside of the city limits of South Fulton, residents are required to pay the $75 fire protection fee if they want to receive assistance.

According to ABC Action News, the fire department would not even respond to the numerous 911 calls from the family. The department showed up after the fire had spread to a neighbor's yard, and that family phoned 911. The neighbor had paid their fee.

Though it will be argued that homeowners outside of the city limits have to know and play by the rules, it's tragic to see that multiple lives were lost as a result of an oversight. Sad to know that rules trumped humanity.

WOW sad.gif I can't believe this

http://www.examiner....=examiner-email

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats scary to think about because sad to say I don't think they would have done anything even if there was a person there...

"The city’s mayor said county residents cannot receive city fire protection unless they pay for it."

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/national/firefighters-refuse-to-respond-to-house-fire

that is awful! surely there must be something set up whereby the $75 can be paid after the fact!!

Oh come on Val, if that was the case no one would pay unless they needed to and then the fire department would go broke, it is an insurance policy and should be paid up front. A very sad tale but i wonder how many people that had not paid have since paid the $75.

Right i am off to pack my bags, anyone got a settee i can sleep on.

LOVE YOU LOADS VAL XXXXXXXXXXXX

I would sue them on the grounds that by not putting out the fire where it started they risked the lives of the people that had paid the fee and therefore breached their contract with them to protect them against fire.

But how rediculous is that, that their are allowed to charge a fee for protection? Isnt their a law against protection rakets!???

Utterly dispicable!

Well they finally did something when the neighbors who did pay house started to catch but they still left the house that started to burn, burn to the ground

Oh come on Val, if that was the case no one would pay unless they needed to and then the fire department would go broke, it is an insurance policy and should be paid up front. A very sad tale but i wonder how many people that had not paid have since paid the $75.

Right i am off to pack my bags, anyone got a settee i can sleep on.

LOVE YOU LOADS VAL XXXXXXXXXXXX

They wouldn't go broke they only charge the few people that live outside city limits....and where I live its taken out of your taxes not some fee you have a choice in,

people forget it happens its not like they got a notice saying hey you forgot to pay for this year if you don't pay we won't put out your fire

I'd forget to pay my insurance when it was up if they didn't remind me haha