Harness

teamyteamy

Hi all

I was just wondering which is the best harness for going for a run with my little dynamo???? I have an EzyDog harness the one with the chest plate it's great when he's not pulling strong which is not very often.

But when he see's another dog or anything else that moves he pulls like a train and chokes himself with the Harness some times I just have to take off running with him cause his

tounge goes blue he's pulling that hard.

Thank you

Liam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shoulder harnesses are best for jogging and cani cross. Make sure they are fitted correctly there are some really good places out there who can offer help and advice when buying a harness. I get most of mine from Snowpaw store and Culpeppers.

Thanks Zoe,

I have to get one off the Internet the shops over here only stock the crap toy Harnesses, I only have the measurement to check if the fit is good.

if your just jogging the ezydog should be fine - but if hes pulling a bike or scooter he will need something like an X back harness

the only thing he is pulling is me Nix. He doesnt do jogging it's just flat out all the time. As I'm not fit I have to walk for a bit then if he pulls he's choking himselt. Would a X back do for walking and running or would I not have as much control over him???

I am having the same problem with Storm he has a ezydog harness but when he sees squirrels or rabbits he bolts from nowhere and i have no control over him and end up running behind him so i dont fall over or let go :(

The only thing i have found to control him is a gentle leader which goes over the nose so you are controlling his head he is brilliant when walking in that :D

Country Hounds (there should be an ad at the bottom of the page) sells shoulder and xback harness, and you get a discount for being a member on here :)

I've ordered stuff from them before they're great, they just have so many harnesses on it I didn't know which would be the best

how do you get the discount???

I am having the same problem with Storm he has a ezydog harness but when he sees squirrels or rabbits he bolts from nowhere and i have no control over him and end up running behind him so i dont fall over or let go :(

The only thing i have found to control him is a gentle leader which goes over the nose so you are controlling his head he is brilliant when walking in that :D

I'm the same I end up doing Superman impressions!!!!!!! I only use the harness when I'm going to run with him on the beach or in our local race course. I use a semi-slip collar for walking around the town

which he still pulls on but not as bad

We're starting to have a similar problem with Odin. As he's getting older, he's getting the urge to pull more and more, so for us, its more a case of finding a harness that will not only save him from choking himself to death, but also that we wil be able to adjust enough so that he can keep growing and still fit into it! anybody have any suggestions??

Failing that, I was considering trying him on a thick flexi-lead; see if giving him that little bit of extra freedom and length to walk ahead may stop him from pulling to get to what he wants to sniff quite as much? Sounds stupid,but it worked when training up my parents dog!:blink:

I'm the same I end up doing Superman impressions!!!!!!! I only use the harness when I'm going to run with him on the beach or in our local race course. I use a semi-slip collar for walking around the town

which he still pulls on but not as bad

Storm has got a semi slip collar and i find that just as hard to control :unsure: !!!!

I would not recommend the ezy dog harness if he is pulling, Sashka has broken two ezy dog harnessess, the last one only lasted a week!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gifI will definitely be getting the snowpaw shoulder harness.

OH No I don't know what I would do if it broke on me, I wouldnt be the quickest runner. I have my one for about 3 months but it looks about 3 years old the straps are all bent up and discoloured.

I'm deffo getting the shoulder harness now

For any sort of pulling you'll need a padded shoulder harness such as this one which has polar fleece http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?product=155

or these ones which I use now http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?product=206 http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?product=246

The polar fleece one is so soft but I prefer the ManMat one reason been it is resistant to icing and almost non-soaking. We use the shoulder harness for bikejoring, canicross and walking.

We do offer a discount for HO members so either PM here or send me an email.

Liam I wouldn't recommened the Roamer leash for any dogs that pull hard.....my dog busted the clip on the handle. I use this one http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?product=210 it works really well.