Seriously???

Removed #1

Today was very frustrating...

I do everything for/with Fox. I feed him, I brush him, I take him for walks...I work with him on training everyday...

His recall even in the house is dependent entirely upon his mood. When I say "Fox come" about 75% of the time he'll come. But there's still that 25% of the time that drives me nuts...

My hunny does not do any of these things regularly with Fox...he has this whistle though...and it doesn't matter where Fox is or what he's doing...he will drop EVERYTHING and come running for that whistle. Not just drop everything, but drop everything and come running as if his rump is on fire and unless he gets to my hunny and smothers him with love and adoration the world itself will be sucked into said flaming rump...and immedately implode.

I naturally am unable to duplicate said whistle....

RAWR

Kissu is kinda like that now. I haven't had him for too long yet though, even though it feels like it. So hopefully over time.

The whistle might hurt Fox's ears or something, so he goes running to him and kisses him to death while thinking "Be quiet!!! oooowww".

My brother does this kissing noise and Kissu will go running to him with his ears down and wagging his tail, kissing my brother all over his face. When I do it he flat out ignores me. When I call him, sometimes he ignores me or looks at me, and rarely even comes running. When my brother calls his name, he normally ignores him.

The problem is sometimes they are so easily distracted.

Sometimes they are more responsive to a specific sound but dont worry too much just keep up with training and maybe go back to basics by giving him treats whenever he comes to you when called. Sounds silly but you need to make yourself seem to be the most interesting thing ever. xx

I think some dogs just get on better with a certain sex of human.

I often feel left out coz although they are my dogs and I do most everything for them Shadow is deffinatly a mans man so when my hubby is around he bounces and woos and sits on his knee and I get ignored.. my girl is very aloof so again I get ignored! All she wants to do is play with Shadow but before we got him it was aaaall me when she wanted to play.

So I totally know where your coming from and it can be quite upsetting! :huh:

Today was very frustrating...

I naturally am unable to duplicate said whistle....

RAWR

Record the whistle on your phone, and when you want fox to come, play back the recording. biggrin.gif

Just as you think you are makeing progress it all seems to go backwards. This is normal as some people think oh they doing it now and start to relax to much the dog sences this so starts to try his boundrise again.This is on going till about 3 to 4 yrs of age. So keep up the good work dont give in the long run you will win just have to stay consistant. It is very frustrating we all go through this as are furbabys and children grow into adults.

Stick with it babe. :D

Thanks everyone...I know that if I just stick with it...it'll pay off in the long run. There are just those days when with everything else going on, something little like that leaves me staring blankly at the world asking some universal destiny designator 'Seriously?'

Aaron can whistle really well, but I've never learned how. Before we got Lyra we agreed that we wouldn't use ANY whistles with her, simply because I can't get her attention that way. Sometimes he forgets and whistles, and I tell him off. :)

But whistle or no whistle, Lyra has veeerrry selective hearing.

good shout andy!!!! +1!!!

i know what you mean, ozzy used to be a proper daddy's boy but now he's a mummy's boy through and through :-)

and sarah......if i was your puppy i'd give you lots of cuddles!!!!

Aww Diz bless ya! S'ok I'll just use the lack of cuddles to get another one eventually.. "look Glenn I need another one coz Im just not getting the puppy cuddles I need!" LOL! ;)

Siku will listen to my bf sometimes better than to me and acts way more excited to see him (but I account that to him being at work all the time, so it's exciting when she actually gets to see him). I don't get frustrated, cause he's always wanted a pet that loves him most. He's always been frustrated with out cats, cause they cuddle with me much more than they do with him. tongue.gif

That is super irritating.

Echo hasn't really picked one of

us over the other. She is our dog.

We go on "family walks" so it is

not just one of us taking her.

Echo is pretty good on recall,

most of the time. Brandon also

has a whistle that he uses, and

most of the time Echo will come to

him. :P I feel your pain. It might be that

the whistle hurts her ears and when

she goes to him, it stops so she is