Help! Shaved Husky

Arooroomom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i only just saw this thread.

The poor thing, bless him.

My dad did that a few years back, took Honey and had her shaved. It was horrible. Her coat grew back weird the first time, it took another coat blow and a lot of work to get it back to being normal..

It could have just been someone that didn't know any better, they either couldn't be bothered with the coat upkeep and got rid of it all together, or thought they were doing the right thing, like my dad did, and thought it were best in the heat.

Maybe someone though it would help but they were wrong!

If a husky is shaved Its seasonal growth cycle is disturbed.

It will have problems regulating its temperature; it can get windburn or sunburn, and shaving severely alters the color and texture of the coat.

Shaving also leaves its skin itchy and irritated because dead hair shafts remain behind. (these may need blucking)

Treatment:

aqueous cream or similar cream to be applied at night:

Soft Brush what hair is left as it grows

This will aid in:

- Remove dirt and debris

. Invigorates skin

. Spreads oils to moisturize skin and keep a shiny coat

. Prevents mats and tangles which are irritating painful and can harbor bacteria, fungus, other infection

Sun cream factor 20 is a must for atleast untill the hair is coving most of the skin.