Scootering :)

Sarah

Took the boys out for a bit of fun on the scooter and mum and dad came with me as they'd not seen them run before.

Here's some pics :D

gallery_3_2_63247.jpg

gallery_3_2_120534.jpg

gallery_3_2_128643.jpg

Mum got on

gallery_3_2_164367.jpg

Braced herself........

gallery_3_2_42254.jpg

Then fell off so i had to grab the boys rolleyes.gif

gallery_3_2_18008.jpg

Then Dad had a go

gallery_3_2_151768.jpg

gallery_3_2_134126.jpg

Dad absolutely LOVED it!! He's 64 and had a whale of a time!!!! The boys ran really well as well :up:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha aswum pics, hope your mums ok tho :o

Your neckline is really long!! lol Mines only like 5 inches or something!!!

love the pics sarah they run great together, to shorten our neckline we put one clip on the collar of 1 dog then thread through other dogs ring then clip to the 1st dogs collar again. Like doubling it up as found the dogs kept getting it under their arms otherwise but not all dogs do it xx

Haha I was going to comment on the neckline too! In general, Sibes tend to do better running with shorter necklines. I couldn't give you a reason as to why, just something I have picked up on and been told. My neckline is about 6-8 inches long and I still double it to shorten it.

Looks like everyone really had a great time!!! Maybe you could convince your folks now to get into huskies too ;)

• 5 months later...

Gemma - have you joined wiltshire huskies facebook group? Shaun regularly organises a scooter meet to help and support new people into it (& lend out equipment etc). However due to the temperature its infrequent now (you cant run above 12degrees).

Please be aware you cant do this 'anywhere' you will need to obtain a permit etc Speak to Shaun and he will direct you

Oh also your dog is too young right now. VERY little training can be done, but you need to put her on with another dog so she runs but does not pull. thats very important

Great that your really keen to work her, she will love it

Loki is huge! I'm not joking! :) his breastbone-tail measures 31.5 inches and his neck is 23 inches. He has a very athletic body!!

He's 10 mths now and loves running! Can't stop him @Lydiard park.

He'd be better off trotting in front of a bike - no permit needed! Really don't give a crap what permits are needed... And to be fair what the hell can they do to us for runnig our dog? Hes getting exercise aint he!? There's plenty of cycle paths around here!! Sorry I hate all this permits/insurance crap just to run our dog!

Loki is walked early morning and late evening re temperature and he still wants a bloody midday walk!!

I saw shaun's scooter meets that he organised but we couldn't go due to work. So just waiting on the next one

Loki is huge! I'm not joking! :) his breastbone-tail measures 31.5 inches and his neck is 23 inches. He has a very athletic body!!

He's 10 mths now and loves running! Can't stop him @Lydiard park.

He'd be better off trotting in front of a bike - no permit needed! Really don't give a crap what permits are needed... And to be fair what the hell can they do to us for runnig our dog? Hes getting exercise aint he!? There's plenty of cycle paths around here!! Sorry I hate all this permits/insurance crap just to run our dog!

Loki is walked early morning and late evening re temperature and he still wants a bloody midday walk!!

I saw shaun's scooter meets that he organised but we couldn't go due to work. So just waiting on the next one

because you put everyone else who does have a permit at risk of loosing theirs thats why. cycle paths are also not suitable either for your dogs health you shouldnt use them

because you put everyone else who does have a permit at risk of loosing theirs thats why. cycle paths are also not suitable either for your dogs health you shouldnt use them

Fine fine we'll see about the whole permits stuff... What exactly does it specify re my dog then?

Lydiard park gets repetitive and it doesn't help when there's people who seems scared of our dog happily running about, worried if he's friendly or not!? Or they seem to think he should leashed, cos he goes to say hi to other dogs :(

I don't see the problem with paths? Enlighten me please - i could interpret that as tho even an hr walk on the streets are out of the question too?

I'm bored! Stuck at home after knee surgery! Getting sick to death of the boredom - luckily Loki has his gf Lexi with us so he has been occupied all week. But I think I'm losing my bleedy marbles now after 3wks!!! Argh :(

when dogs run they put a lot more impact on their joints than when walking, grass & dirt areas absorb a lot of this impact because the surface is softer and more springy, on concrete and tarmact, the dogs joints take 100% of this impact, and it can do some serious damage

is the park where you let him offlead enclosed??