HELP!!

Ian-&-Tuk

So, It's been just over a week since I've picked up Freya, my 3 month old female, and she hasn't eaten anything since Thursday morning other than a few pieces of kibble last night. She started vomiting Thursday night and continued all day Friday. I've been rationing her water so that she does not fill her belly with it and vomit it all up as well. I've tried the peanut butter trick but she doesn't seem to like it at this time. I also noticed that there's what looks like mucus around her nostrils.

I've tried feeding her by hand as well but she still won't eat anything.

The worst part about this is that I don't have the money for a vet visit until this upcoming Friday.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to beat a dead horse, but you really need to get her into a vet. If you wait til next Friday, when you get paid, it may be too late. Most vets will work with you if money is tight.

Well, I just got back from the vet. Turns out to be a fairly bad scenario. Freya's got Parvo. They're keeping her there to do what they can.

I picked her up from a pet store out here. They had told me that she was up to date on her shots save from the rabies shot, for what reason I don't know. Funny thing is that when I showed the vet the paperwork he couldn't find anything saying so. I'm beyond pissed with these people; they had also claimed she had a clean bill of health. But with the timeframe of everything, she had to have had when I picked her up. angry.gif

Thanks to everyone for the push to take her to the vet.

Oh Ian, thats really what I was afraid of but I was really hoping I was wrong! Poor little girl! Have you got other dogs? Be really quick to disinfect EVERYTHING in your whole house that Freya has been in contact with.. parvo is very nasty and just coz a dog has been vaccinated they can still get it, they just stand a better chance of surviving as their body has the anitbodies ready to fight it.

Im so sorry your having to go through this.. Im praying for little Freya's safe recovery! :(

Hope your puppy gets better - poor little thing. Hope you're ok too - must have been horrible for you because the puppy can't tell you what's wrong you feel helpless. You did the right thing going to the vet.

(Me going off to rant about puppy farmers and people that value money more than a dog's welfare etc on my own now!!!!!)

I hope she's ok, keep us posted on how she's doing.

Maybe you can go back to the pet store and tell them whats happened as it takes 7 - 10days to show any signs of having the illness and the basic jabs prevent the illness which they claim they gave her. I'd be going to pay them a visit and demanding they cover the vet fees

Oh no sad.gif I'm so sorry, hoping for a quick recovery

I hope she's ok, keep us posted on how she's doing.

Maybe you can go back to the pet store and tell them whats happened as it takes 7 - 10days to show any signs of having the illness and the basic jabs prevent the illness which they claim they gave her. I'd be going to pay them a visit and demanding they cover the vet fees

Honestly pet stores don't really care , if they did they'd buy from breeders not puppy mills (we have a store here that is KNOWN for their dogs to get very sick or worse and no one can do anything about it sad.gif)