HELP!!

Ian-&-Tuk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone.

I picked her up from the vet last night. The tech that saw her when we came in was the same one there when I picked her up so that was a relief.

Good news is that within a day of her being there she had a complete 180 from when she went in! She's back to her hyper ol' self biggrin.gif. Which make me happy beyond content.

However, I do have to play Dr. a little. They're having me do sub-epidermal fluid pushes once a day to make sure that she's hydrated and sneaking her meds into those chicken/ rice balls that everyone mentioned earlier.

Not out of the woods yet but from what I heard from everyone at the hospital it seems that we should be alright! biggrin.gif

Ah, that brings a smile to every Husky Owner's face. So glad you got her in to the vet and she's doing much better.

Oooh thats good to hear! Sounds like you caught it in time! What a releif! :)

It seems so. Especially when the vet told us that it's not uncommon for dogs that catch it can be in the hospital for easily 4 days, still not be themselves and she's bouncing around like her old self within 24 hours at the vet's.

Super relieved but still watching her closely.

Solid stool! Woot!biggrin.gif

How sick am I, getting all excited over poo tongue.gif

We all do. It's part and parcel of having a Husky.

good news! glad she's feeling better :D

Ian if i'm not mistaken, if you go to the petshop and make a big deal about her catching Parvo, they should pay the vet bills. I'd look into it if I were you.

Oh, they will. I just need to fax in all the paperwork they need today when I go in to work since I don't own a fax machine.

I think you need to march back in to the pet store and present them with the bill or threaten going to the local news broadcaster and let them know that you will make sure the entire viewing area knows that they sell sick puppies! Hope that the pup is okay. Usually it is treatable...I'm with the rest about disinfecting and getting any other animals checked out!

Glad you caught it in time and she is recoveringbiggrin.gif. Fingers crossed she makes a full recovery in no time.

She's almsot back to how she was before she started showing signs. She's eating like a beast! Just need to work on her drinking a little more. I think she's more irritated with being isolated more than anything right now.