Booster shots

valkyries

So Odin and Loki have had their booster shots for this year, we have taken Thor to the vets twice but can not get him in the door, he wont even walk past the place.

Ive just had to phone them to ask if the vet will come out to the car and give him his shot there, after abit of talking they have agreed to do his examination and shot in the car park lol.

Any one els got one like mine ? he's a big boy so no chance of carrying him in there xxxxx

i've got one like yours ..Skye she hates the vet.. because she has been having the jab to stop her coming into season and the last time she went to the vets she had her glands emptied which she definatly didn't like she will not go near the vets but as she is so light we end up carrying her in and then holding her.:rolleyes:

Mine are the exact opposite. They drag us into the surgery wooo-wooing and making a spectacle of themselves. I always ask for their first appointment of the day so there is no one else around when we get there. Soooo embarrassing :) I think they like the vet because he gives them really nice chunks of biltong as a treat.

Sky is really good at the vets walks in no bother, really well behaved but my previous dog Storm (Doberman) sounds just like Thor !!!! infact i had to do the same as you and convince the vet to give him his injections outside, well i say outside the vet had to crawl into my car and give it to him because as soon as Storm saw the vet he shot back into the car laugh.gif don't get me wrong he was never nasty towards the vet and never bit the vet he was just so frightened of vets ....

Eika drags me in there...it's really embarrassing as i can normally control her when pulling out on a walk, but when you're trying to weigh her, stop her eating the cats and yappy dogs, paying for the treatment all on a smooth surface, my chair tends to move quickly - people must think i'm a loon to own a dog i can't apparently 'control'!!!

My sister in laws dog has to be carried in and she's a massive GSD, takes 2 people to lift her!

Echo went to the vets for her booster shot and her rabies vac on Monday.

She doesn't like going into the building, so we pick her up and carry her.

She LOVES the waiting room though, because there are always people

with their dogs in there so she gets a little social time :P The people also

pay lots of attention to her, so she loves that. She absolutely HATES the

vet though. We put her up on the table and she starts whining like a baby.

When she gets her shots, she doesn't even notice though. The vet always

says "Huskies cry really loud, so don't be startled" and she braces herself

for Echo to freak out, and she just sits there. :P

She was SO funny Monday. There was this dog there that needed to have

an extra and exam done because he broke his leg (poor guy :() and when

his owner took him into the room, they literally had to drag him (and he was

a huge golden retriever). Well, he started whining and crying, so Echo tried

to go to his rescue :P They got him in the room, and he was wailing like a

baby, so Echo was trying to get into the room to save him. I thought it

was really cute.