Chainsaw dog murderer sentenced to 8 years behind bars

lokis_mom

I know I post lots of these, sorry, but for once the guy was punished

--------

Farmington, N.M. - The man's crime was unspeakable, unimaginable, unheard of. Teddy Sexton, 32, of Aztec, NM, cut off his dog's head with a chainsaw on September 18.

Sexton claims that he beheaded his dog, a Pit bull named Thor, after the dog allegedly bit a 9 year old child. Sexton claims that he initially attempted to slice Thor's throat, but it did not work. He claims to have resorted to the chainsaw because he is not allowed to carry a gun - he lost rights to own a gun due to his prior criminal history.

In New Mexico, extreme cruelty to animals carries an 18-month sentence, however, Sexton's prior criminal history made his sentence more severe. According to The Washington Post, Sexton has previously faced charges for possession of methamphetamine, distribution of marijuana and false imprisonment.

The dog's cruel murder inflammed animal rights activists around the world. The District Attorney's Office received correspondence from more than 600 individuals that wanted to see Sexton charged, and sentenced, to the fullest extent of the law.

The other man involved in the dog's beheading, Corey Bowen, 31, will also face charges of extreme animal cruelty. His attorney, Eric Morrow, claims that the evidence will show that Bowen is innocent.

Sexton's prior offenses, combined with his last violent act, seem to fall in line with the profile of most other animal abusers. A man capable of killing a dog with such violence stands a good chance of being a danger to society as a whole.

Nothing can bring Thor back, nor erase the cruel method by which he was killed, but at least his abuser will be safely locked away for many years to come.

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/chainsaw-dog-murderer-sentenced-to-8-years-behind-bars?cid=examiner-email

I think animal cruelty should be taken much more seriously and i agree with Saz, 8 years isn't long enough !!!!!! seriously what else is going on in these peoples heads ????? what sort of person even thinks about killing any animal with a friggin chainsaw ??? and who the hell helps ??? My big worry would be how would these people react if they were in a car accident or something and it was the other persons fault ???