Huskys and coats???

Good question.. I would think their fur is SOMEWHAT water proof on its own and I know added stuff overheats them faster as I bought my Shadow-boy a cute little doggy backpack, but he does get hot quicker when wearing it... so in conclusion I think yes it will make him hot and probley wont make him like rain any better.. why would you wanna go out when its raining anyway!??

Id ivest in some rainy day toys that you only take out when its peeing down so you can entertain him inside and all stay nice and dry! :)

mine love the rain so i dont have a choice in walking them - if they didnt like going out in the rain i wouldnt force them ;) just like sarah suggested get some toys to play with only on rainy days (so they dont get boring) and have fun inside exercising him thru play and trainin :)

if a husky isnt washed then it will be fairly waterproof. so there is no need for a coat.

mine dont like the rain for the first 5 minutes then they ignore it. infact suki doesnt get wet because of her dense undercoat only her guard hairs get wet, but that dries off easy

i wouldnt put my 2 in a coat, becuase like you i would worry about them overheating, also dressing pets up just makes them look odd.

MIne go out in the rain if they like it or not, they gotta wee.

As for the coat thing i dont think i would personally, think they would get to hot.

As for the dressing up i do it 2 mine on the odd occasion, but only bits of tinsle at christmas when we go to the pub or a little bow tie with snowflakes on. Oh n Nanook has 2 have his sunglasses in the summer B)