Its amazing this dog is still alive after....

lokis_mom

Of all the sick ppl in the world....I can't believe that dog is still alive after what happened

ohmy.gifangry.gif

I realize that i must seem like the barer of bad news, I don't go out and search for stuff like this, I just think its amazing that this doggie is still alive......I hope the guy gets caught and punished, but this is more about ....after all that still being alive

Tampa, FL - A dog was discovered on Wednesday night, wandering through a neighborhood, grievously injured with a wound to the back of her head. The woman that discovered the dog called a co-worker that happened to be a rescue volunteer.

A veterinary exam confirmed the worse suspicions - the dog, now named Mercy, had been shot at close range, execution style by what is suspected to be a .22 caliber hand gun. It's amazing that she is still alive.

Why the dog was shot is a mystery. Was someone trying to eliminate an overly friendly dog because she wasn't suited to dog fighting? Was it the work of an individual that hates Pit bulls? Was it someone that simply gets their kicks from inflicting pain on an innocent animal?

Unless the individual is identified, the whys behind this cruel act may never be known.

Mercy underwent surgery on Friday at the Tampa Veterinary Hospital where bullet fragments were removed from her skull. She is still recuperating from the gun shot wound and surgery at the vet clinic.

The Lost Angels Animal Rescue, a non-profit organization, has taken responsibility for the abused dog and they will be working to find her a loving home after she has recovered from her wounds.

The veterinarian that performed Mercy's surgery wants to monitor the dog to see if she may have suffered any loss of hearing or sight from the shot to her skull. It is too early to know what long term effects may impact the injured dog.

Anyone with information on the person that shot Mercy should contact the Tampa Police Department. Mercy was discovered wandering in the vicinity of Falkenburg Road and Progress Boulevard.