Awww he's so skinny...!!!!

Marcb2g

I am sick and tired of people meeting my dog and the first thing that comes out out there mouth is "aww he's skinny", "you look like you missed a few meals", "do you feed him", "why is he so thin" etc... I always think to myself, WELL IF YOUR DOG WASN'T SO FAT YOU WOULDN'T THINK MY DOG WAS SKINNY. This is so annoying and has been going on since Nyko turned a year old, he will be 2 in December and is 60-65 pounds if not more by now; I try to explain to people that huskies are generally lean dogs and there coat makes them look bigger sometimes. I have owned Rottweilers all my life, biggest was 130 pounds of muscle so it took me a while to get use to the small body of a Husky; but dammit i'm tired of people insulting my dog. angry.gif

S/N:

When I was looking for a dog to have in college I really wanted a Malamute because they look like Huskies and are huge, I love big dogs; but my apartment manager told me no because the breed was to large so I had to get a husky instead and I don't regret it one bit cause I love my lil buddy.biggrin.gif

post-2512-13585957150874_thumb.jpg

post-2512-13585957151606_thumb.png

Skinny !!.. he's absolutely gorgeous..

People without knowledge are always quick to judge hun.. next time someone says has he missed a meal - say, why are you offering ? lol

Haha ill remember that, it just used to gets to me sometimes because i'm all about health and fitness with me and my dog; o well as long as Nyko is happy i'm happy.

I know how you feel but from the opposite side.

A lot of people we meet comment on how big she is and because she's white they even suggest that she's an Akita or white GSD but this just shows their ignorance of these breeds

think weve been quite lucky skyla is a big girl too but weve never had any1 comment on it

I have seen a few pictures on here of huskies that are a bit bigger than what I have ever seen, which isn't a bad thing. From what I have read on here I might be changing his food to TOTW, I had never heard of it before I came into this community; also haven't seen it in any stores. I think Nyko would like all the extra protein in TOTW, with all the working out we do he might gain a few pounds of lean muscle rolleyes.gif.

my Zara is 8 months old and she is at the correct weight as far as i am concerned. But people are like "i can feel her ribs and hips she has to be underweight" and when i tell her how much she eats apparently then she must have worms. But i keep up with the feeding and worming tablets. it does make me worried sometimes that they are right but she is a healthy well behaved quiet girl... oh hang on something might be wrong after all ;)

Aww he looks very healthy for his breed ^_^ I often find myself reminding people what SIBERIAN huskies were initially breed for as opposed to their ALASKAN counter parts and people either get the concept or just walk off in a huff. Honestly if you keep in mind what they were initially kept for i makes alot more sense. I often get that Kiana is short for a husky but from what I understand SIberians are smaller than Alaskans anyhow and much smaller than malamutes I believe? I know it's frustrating but keep your chin up and try to offer some information to help them understand and if they want to live in a world of ignorance that's on them YOU know your dog is healthy and happy so I would try to look on the bright side. ^_^