Clocks go back tonight!

Sid_Wolf

I am NOT looking forward to this either!!!! angry.gif chloe has got into a horrid habit of waking up anything between 6am-6.30am at the mo...doesnt matter during week as up at 5.45am for work but at the weekend it really sucks...if she wakes up at 6am tomoz it will really be 5am ouch!!!!!!

jst please all pray for me that the halloween party we are going to tonite tires her out so she sleeps longer lol

Dont know if this applies to overseas members (maybe someone can tell me?) but definately the UK members...

Dont forget that the clocks go back at 12am!! Woo! Extra hour in bed!! :lol:

our time changes next Saturday night. Official time change is Sunday, Nov. 6. We used to have the time change in October to but it's changed.

I'm not looking forward to it either! (except for the extra hour of sleep thing..........)

Yeah Ive heard it! Something to do with keeping us healthier as their would be more day light during winter days if we didnt turn the clocks back! Fortunately for me thats good news as I do suffer from the SAD syndrome during winter - going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark!

Yes, more time in bed :D

Oh on the clocks not going back I got this from the NHS website:

Moving clocks forward would cut road deaths,†reported The Guardian. It said that a new study claims that moving the clocks forward by an hour all year round would cut road deaths, improve health, and benefit industry and tourism.

The news story is based on an article in the British Medical Journal, and a report by the Policy Studies Institute (PSI). Both are opinion pieces by Dr Meyer Hillman, who is in favour of the UK time zone being permanently moved forward by an hour in winter, and by another hour in summer. He argues that such a move would align most people’s waking hours with daylight, providing numerous health and economical benefits.

The report focuses on the benefits for Scotland in particular, as those in opposition of such a move have often argued that the loss of daylight in the morning there would offset any benefit of the extra light gained in the afternoons and evenings.

Yeah, I heard about the not changing the clocks story, but Scotland wants to keep the changes as it benefits them ... this is something I have often wondered about - how many countries do change their clocks?

In the UK, we have BST (British Summer Time) and GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - as far as I am aware it aids the farmers, etc but confuses the heck out of anyone else!! :lol:

Never even thought about this when I left school & studied travel & tourism at college .... it would affect crossing time zones & stuff if the clocks either do not change or change (as US does) on a different weekend to UK :huh::D

An extra hour to stay awake! :D I have an alarm clock that works with light. Every day, half an hour before my alarm goes, the light slowly turns on as if it's a sunrise. Works very well and by the time my alarm goes off I'm usually already fully awake!

ohhh that sounds good - do you have a link interested in buying one :D

I just got it from a locale store. The only thing it says is 'Medisana'. But I believe Philips also has qquite lot of them. But this is the one I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medisana-Light-Alarm-Clock-SAC/dp/B001Q8R094 (first link I found on Google)

It's basically a light (that's bright enough to light my whole room) that slowly goes on half an hour before my alarm goes off, emulating a sunrise. The alarm itself is a sound of choise (chirping birds, streaming water, etc) that also fades in over a minute, waking you up in a really pleasant way :)

The idea is that even if you don't wake up by the light alone, it still helps you coming out of your sleep as the the light still reaches your eyes. And indeed, everytime I wake up, I'm fully awake. I usually don't even feel drowsy afterwarts. I don't ever want to go back to those noisy alarms, those who give you a heart attack every time they go off!