Present ideas for someone who is really hard to buy for??

Sid_Wolf

Need some ideas....

Ricks Mum is very hard to buy for, and very subborn when it comes to other people getting her stuff :rolleyes:

But she has been a lifesaver for the past couple of years, lending us money till Ricks payday, even if she couldnt really afford to, looking after Kira when I was working all hours, and letting us use her washing mashine whenever we needed to...

So we want to get her something special for xmas, but we are at a loss, she doesnt want anything, and tells us not to get her anything.

I suggested a spa day for her n a friend, but Rick wants to get her something that she can keep.

She doesnt really wear jewelery(sp?) and is a total technophobe! Any ideas on what we could get her?? Shes 52.

No price limit really, just not LOADS obviously lol

I thought about getting her a canvass print of either her youngest grandchild, or her dogs, but he lives in rented accom and isnt allowed to hang anything :(

We're gunna get her the 'this is it' micheal J DVD, but want something else aswell

one of the best presents i ever bought for my parents was a night visiton camera for a nest box. the camera was then linked up to the TV. you could then see the birds grow and develop - it was really cute.

And what we didnt know was when they fledged and left a wren roosted in the box every night and was booted out when the blue tit wanted to nest again.

I paid about £80 for the camera and my Dad adapted their nest box for it to work. you can buy it all complete but not sure on prices & probably alot cheaper now - this was a good 10yrs ago

How about a magazine subscription to her favorite magazine or about a topic she likes. I'm same age as her and would love someone to buy me a subscription to Oprah magazine, or if she is a crafter at all to Martha Stewart Living, or even Redbook. If she's anything like ME...then I'd opt in for Cosmopolitan. Do you have a price limit? What about a gift card to her favorite restaurant or book store?

going with the canvas idea.... How about buying a photographer session for her with either family or her dogs and then having her fave photo put onto canvas?

This a good place to get this kind of thing from: http://www.activitysuperstore.com/Hobbies-and-Interests/Photoshoots/c11sc86/

I've bought the pamper day for to from there for my mum