Zihna ran away at the walking trail :-(

snssewell

Took Zihna to the walking trail to go for a nice walk this morning. I decided to put the retractable leash on her. We had just started walking and I stopped to stick something in my pocket and she pulled and the handle of the retractable leash slipped right out of my hand, hit the ground and scared her and she took off. I tried everything to get her to come back but she did not even turn around because the handle was bouncing up and down as she was running and probably scared the crap out of her. I looked for her for 1 hour on the fields and through the woods and asked everyone that I saw if they seen her. There was a huge pile of dirt as they are still building on the trail. She ran around there and by the time I got around she had disappeared. :( I did not even know which way she ran off after that.

I contacted the Police and they contacted Animal Control. I drove around and let Gas stations in the area know that I lost her. Came home and went back out there to check one more time. Posted on Facebook and Craigslist and called her Microchip company..... now all I can do is wait and hope that someone finds her and calls me!!!! :(

Please wish me luck and pray for little Zihna that she will be safe and someone finds her and returns her.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I feel horrible...keep telling myself I should have not used the retractable leash :( Its been 3 1/2 hrs now I was hoping someone would have found her by now. It was a pretty rural area, there some houses but mostly woods and corn fields. Especially the direction she took off too is all woods and fields. i did not see her on the fields so she must have gotten in the woods.

awwww paws crossed. i cant imagine how you will feel.

i know its some hours now, but it may be worth getting the loudest squeeky toy you have and trying that? Please do lots of walking as she is attached to the lead and the lead may easily get hooked onto something. When its dusk and she is hungry she may well start howling/whining

GOOD LUCK - i hope i never have to go through this

then when you get her back..treat yourself to a walking belt ;)

:(So sorry to hear...mine took off out of the house one very rainy night, was gone all night and found the next morning on a neighbor's deck, truly a miracle. Do you have a friend with another Husky that you could take back there and maybe help you track her? Hope someone can be looking and someone at home. Prayers your way.

oh hun I know exactly what you are going through. I have had many times of this with Sampson in the past. Going out with Whisper is a really good idea. Nikita has helped me get Sampson on occasion, he came running up to her almost like he was rubbing it in that he was loose. A squeaky toy is an excellent idea as well.

Because she is on the lead still, please do not stop looking for her. Being on the lead can get her into a bad situation that she would not get into if she didn't have it on.

I really hope you get her back home safely and soon

Thanks guys I will go back out there now with Whisper and she has this squeaky toy that she really liked a whole lot! I will update when I get back. Wish me luck. My friend said hopefully she will chew through that retractable leash if she does get stuck somewhere.

Thanks so much guys.