Heartwarming news!!!

SarahNukka&Shadow

Wow - I was enthralled right to the end. Altruism is seriously lacking in today's society and it is heartwarming to read about two people who live the word. I would love to read more about their day-to-day work with their pack. Thanks so much Sarah for posting this - it has given me a boost :)

Edit: posted the link to everyone in my e-mail address book :)

love this bit..

When dogs arrive in our care their state of affairs is often severe shell-shock. It usually takes them a few weeks to sleep it off, a few more to integrate into the pack. Afterwards, when they start feeling vaguely normal again, there's a point when the new arrival realises this is not actually a hallucination: they really do get to romp through our fields and sleep on the couch and these humans keep on feeding them. Their eyes get big and they run wild laps around the yard and dance and bark and sing and literally fall in love with life again or – as is the case with many of the dogs in our care – they fall in love with life for the very first time. Let's just say this too, it's something to see.