Need help with my dogs weight!!!!!

RavenCapps

Hi guys!

Okay so we recently moved back to Colorado from Florida. Unfortunately due to so really bad luck recently we lost just about everything and are currently living with my mother *rolls eyes* until we get a new place. However my mother refused to let us bring our baby (Milo, our dog) into her house :( So for the time being he is staying with my husbands parents in Florida where he still has a yard to play in and will be safe until we get him back. He's only been down there without us for about 2 months (though it seems like forever). He is a rescue dog, when we brought him into our family he was underweight and we have been getting him back to a healthy weight through a consistent and healthy diet.

We just found out today that apparently my in-laws decided once we left that they were going to change his diet. We were feeding him 2 cups of food twice a day. He was gaining wonderfully and slowly but surely got to about 45 lbs just before we left. They have apparently been feeding him 3 times a day PLUS "table scraps" which I'm SURE is much more than just "scraps" my father in law mention that he's "put on a little weight" and when asked to clarify he said that Milo is probably over 60 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! They say they can't send us pictures cause they don't have a camera phone and we don't have the computer cam to Skype them. My sister-in-law who knows Milo well recently saw them on Skype and said "oh yeah he's huge! He;s got quite the gut!" I'm REALLY upset!!!!! How hard is it to get a husky back to a good weight? I'm pretty positive they haven't been walking him or getting him enough exercise..... we activity get the weight down? Weight control food? IDK what to do :(

So frustrating...

But don't worry! Just reduce his diet, and you can easily take 30% of his food. And he will loose it in no-time! Normal exercise and less food... Normally does it!

Positive side with dogs is that you can loose their weight very fast without problems. With cats you have to reduce very slowely.