Switching themes

BlueWolf

I have a little suggestion about the theme switcher. Currently when you switch a theme, it will be applied to your whole account, to every device that access this website. I guess that isn't bad for all the extra themes premium accounts have, but what about the mobile theme? Every time I need to switch to that, my desktop shows the same theme.

I have an internet tablet which somehow fails to render the default theme, so whenever I access the forum (every time I get an email notification) I have to switch to the mobile theme. But when I access this website with my computer again I get the same theme (that lacks a few useful features) so I have to switch it back again. I'm switching themes multiple times a day here. Might it be possible to show a theme on ONE device, instead of your WHOLE account?

The problem with the tablet, is that almost all current tablets are running an optimised version of mobile phone operating systems, Android, symbian, Windows mobile etc.

The Forum software detects this and displays the version of the forum appropriate to the display properties of those devices. unfortunately it can't distinguish between a smartphone and a tablet.

The forum does a lot of detection for mobile based devices and sizes and in most instances this will be done correctly. However as technology moves so quickly there are always devices that it will miss.

Please could you let me know what the 2 devices are and what skin should be showing on which and I can have a look at the settings to get them to show correctly

I'm running Maemo (OS2008) tho. I have two browsers, an browser based on Firefox 3.0 and a webkit browser. Both are capable of running websites like gmail and google reader, but the default theme for this site... breaks somehow. I only see a blue background. But the "View new posts" page works just fine :unsure: It would really help if I could apply a certain theme the only just ONE device

edit: Give me a sec, I'll grab the user-agent

edit2: The default browser (MicroB, the Firefox-based one) does not have this problem, but it's slow and I don't use it. I use Tear which an webkit browser and has the user-agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux armv6l; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko, Safari/528.5+) tear

Does that help?And it's an Nokia N800 Internet Tablet