Where do your dogs travel in the car?

SarahNukka&Shadow

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those of you who have your dogs loose in the car - have you ever thought about what would happen if YOU were hit? They would become a missile and either fly into the back of your seat, killing you, or fly out the window, killing themselves.

Might be an idea to purchase a seatbelt clip in the least to put them in the car with their harness on...there are also special car harnesses (adimittedly, we don't have one of these, but need to save up for one)...as well which are even safer...

shiloh hasnt been in the zafira yet...dont want it covered in doghairs just yet if i can avoid it lmao

when i had the corsa he would be in back- in the boot sort of but without the parcel shelf being in...he has a harness for the car so he gets fastened in securely to the seat belts (the seats collapse) when travelling in car...same when he is in ians car too :)

those of you who have your dogs loose in the car - have you ever thought about what would happen if YOU were hit? They would become a missile and either fly into the back of your seat, killing you, or fly out the window, killing themselves.

Just to add to this, I know people who have been fined for having a dog unsecured on the back seat. It's not strictly illegal but is outlined in the Highway Code, where it says that they must be suitably restrained so as not to distract the driver or cause injury in the event of a crash.

Dax travels in the boot in the Octavia, with a dog guard, and in my tiny old Micra sits on the back seat with a harness and a seatbelt clip. Really not ideal with the Micra and I'm looking to replace it as soon as I can afford to, ideally with an estate or 4x4 that I can put a crate in.

i only have a little car, so the girls get a bit cramped on just the back seat. i fold the back seats down. That way they get the whole boot / seat area.

Both are also secured in with their car harnesses on. So they have room to move a little, and are safe. :)

Harnessing Honey in is a big must. For as long as i have had her, she is extremely clingy in the car, and will stop at nothing to get in the front and lean on me while i drive and whine until we're at our destination.

I'd definitely like to get a bigger vehicle in the future so i can put a crush proof dog cage somewhere safe in the car.

Would be so horrible to have an accident a lose the dogs.

Help me out here everyone...the boot? Do you mean the trunk as we would say on this side of the ocean? For now mine are in the back seat. I do need to get them a tether though to harness them in. They are surprisingly well behaved back there also. Used to have a Ford Explorer and they would also go in the middle seat (back) or put the seats down and put a crate in!

As said yes the boot is the trunk, but bear in mind the majority of cars over here are hatchbacks. Just so people over here don't sound really mean putting their dogs in the trunklaugh.giflaugh.gif.

For those in the UK, the majority of cars in the US are sedans so they have proper enclosed trunk(boots), not a nice place to put a live animallaugh.gif