Hello all, Arien from Alabama here.

aMartyrsHeart

Hi, I would like to introduce myself. I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, ever since my good friend's husky got pregnant. She is the most beautiful dog I had ever seen, and they promised me 3rd choice of a pup, after them and the daddy dog's family. Well, I first picked out a name and started getting things ready while Bella was pregnant...well, truly before the pregnancy was confirmed. I saw her ultrasounds, met the pups at 1 week of age and fell in love with my little guy. The name I had picked out is Hoshi, japanese for 'star'. When I arrived to see the pups, one had a white marking on the back of his neck shaped like a star! It felt like destiny. I was supposed to get my little boy on November 28th, when he turned 8 weeks old. Joe sent me pictures galore and even did a Mama and son photo shoot of him. The pics are darling! I went out of town for the weekend and found out that his Mama Bella was hit by a speeding hit and run driver while chasing off a large male dog that had gone into the yard. I picked up my baby boy last night at 5 weeks of age and he hasn't left my side. Thank God all of the pups were eating solid food and had pretty much weaned themselves. I love my little guy, and I hate that our first memory will be me helping him cope with the tragedy of losing his mother. But on a lighter note, it will be very nice to meet you all and share our photos and good times also. My name is Arien and I'm from near Mobile, AL and my little boy is Hoshi, or nicknamed Hoshi-bear.

Hoshi's photos are courtesy of Joe Leggett. He's a great photographer, everyone add him on facebook. He's hoshi's human grandpa.

post-2631-13585957505532_thumb.jpg

post-2631-13585957506183_thumb.jpg

post-2631-13585957506773_thumb.jpg

post-2631-13585957507302_thumb.jpg

Awww poor Bella :( RIP

Congrats on your new addition to your family and welcome to the pack :D

At 5 weeks you may experience more than average "teething" problems as he won't have learnt his bite inhibitions or how to interact fully but if you need anything at all you'll find it here either in a thread or just post up and ask away :)

look forward to seeing you around :)

Welcome. What a sad event. You will have some issues with training and as Sarah indicated, biting may be one of those. We are here 24/7, so if you have questions, concerns, want to share pics, whatever the case may be, please feel free to post. We've got a tremendous group of members on this forum, and that's why it is so active. Take your time with Hoshi, be patient, be consistent. He sure is cute.

RIP Bella. Do you live close to your friend? Since he's only 5 weeks old, you might want to take him over a lot to keep socializing with his siblings. They learn a lot from each other during their first 7-8 weeks. Mom teaches them the most about bite inhibition (i.e. they bite too hard and the milk train gets up and goes away), but their siblings teach them boundaries when they play.

RIP poor Bella. . . Run free girlie.

Welcome to the forum. At 5 weeks you've got your hands full. . . You might think that 3 weeks won't make much difference but these are the formative weeks when they learn to control themselves with playfighting with thier siblings, they learn how hard they can play and bite without hurting or being hurt.

Good luck. . . Don't be afraid to ask questions.

We know huskies. . . :)

Hiya, Arien and Hoshi, welcome on board :wave:

What a rough start in life, poor Bella, doing what was instinctive to her, protecting her babies, run free, little girl :(

You'll find lots of helpful advice & tips on here, but anything you're not sure of, PLEASE shout up, there's always someone around to help out :D