Giving up smoking - Again

Marc

Well what can I say? Around 2 years ago, I decided to give up smoking and so went out to the smoking cessation place and got myself some patches to help. Much to my own amazement as much as anyone elses, I succeeded in stopping smoking for 2 years.

Nows the catch.. At christmas this year, I started having the odd cig whilst I was drinking. This it seems was a stupid idea as I am now back on the cigs again. I've tried pretty much to hide it a lot from people as its not something I'm very proud of after 2 years of not smoking, but it just goes to show that its a lifelong addiction that you dont simply get rid of.

So, its now 23:25 (uk time) and I have made the decision its time to give myself a much needed kick up the backside and get rid of the cigs for good. I have just started a new job where nobody knows I smoke, which is a good thing IMO.

I'm posting it here because I want to log it somewhere to say "I've made this decision and Im going to stop right now" and for others to know I am doing it so it will give me that thought in the back of my mind every time I think of a cig, that others know. Might sound stupid I know, but its important to me..

Here's to stubbing out my final cig, and stopping waking up feeling like shite every morning :beerchug: ... *Stub*

Well done Marc giving up the evil weed is not easy as you already know ,I gave up a few times and done the same as you and had an odd cig but that dosnt last and you end up as bad as ever ,I have been off them now for 4 years and I still get the odd urge for one .So good luck Marc, you will do it again and here s to you waking up feeling great in the mornings :beerchug:

Well done for going 2 years without smoking, definately shows its a lifelong habit.

Me and Jamie are also trying to give them up aswell (mainly for Jamies health and I just want rid of them!) so we can help each other on here :D

Don't give up, giving up thats how Im thinking at the moment :)

• 3 weeks later...