OMG wish me luck!!!!

BingBlaze n Skyla

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix my daughter has her own driving school and testing grounds, and has been giving lessons for about 10 years now. Most of her new students are very nervous to start with, but she says once the lesson starts, they calm down and concentrate, and before you know it they have forgotten about being a wreck :)

Having two lessons together is a real bonus, by the end of it you will know what is expected the next time. Remember that your instructor knows how to deal with any anxiety you may be feeling. Good luck - you will be just fine :)

Have a drink to steady your nerves before hand :lol:

JOKING!!!

ffs please don't do that lol

Take a husky teddy with you and ask if you can have it in the car that way you will know we're all thinking of you and when you pass you can come and see us whenever you want :D

You'll be fine.

You have two eyes, two hands, two feet.

At first it feels like you need SIX of everything but it'll come to you quicker than you think.biggrin.gif

wow good luck chick :)

im not gunna lie to you here...it is soooo scary when you first start (well it was for me anyway)- especially when its your first time...i know it prob aint making you feel any better but no point in lying to you....it took me a while to calm down aswell but i think after my 4th lesson i was begingin to chilax abit better lmao :lol:

just take your time...and breath lmao.... ....your driving instructor will have pedals on his side aswell and will always help you if you need it

let us know how you get on chick x x x x

when i had my first lesson, he drove down to an industrial estate so there were no cars about, i got in pulled off and stopped a few times.

then he says right, lets go for a drive....... i was like - What!? on the roads? :lol:

in my second lesson i was told off for speeding :rolleyes::lol:

Automatics are less common and in older cars can break and they are very expensive to repair. If you can drive a manual you can drive anything. Learn in a automatic and then driving a manual is not easy. Ask some of our American cousins where manuals are a lot less common than autos.

Good luck! You'll have a driving license in no time!

I just got my license a few months ago. On my birthday I got a piece of paper from my parents. It said "You get 25 driving lessons from us. Your first lessons starts tomorrow". I was like, WHAT, TOMORROW?! Can't I have some time to prepare or something?! :blink:

And as luck would have it the first day was in the most snowy and icy periods of the year. In fact, many people didn't came over to my birthday because they didn't dare to drive the roads. Hello? I'm having my first driving lesson here?! In the end the lesson itself went extremely well. The instructor also made me feel how much grip the car has on icy roads. And at the end I already drove in one of the busier streets and it went just fine :D

Now I have my license and I'm extremely happy with it! Suddenly I can get to go everywhere I want!

Edit: In the beginning manual seems extremely difficult. But you'll get used to it and now I don't even have to think about it. The Netherlands is a flat country but I can imagine driving through hills and mountains manual would be a must have.

Automatics are less common and in older cars can break and they are very expensive to repair. If you can drive a manual you can drive anything. Learn in a automatic and then driving a manual is not easy. Ask some of our American cousins where manuals are a lot less common than autos.

i did start to learn to drive in a manual but after 6months of still not being able to find the bite point and stalling it almost everytime i took off from traffic lights i gave up in the end :unsure: passed in an auto after 3months of driving- it was so easy :lol:

both the cars i have had have bein semi autos so can be driven in both manual and auto...ian prefers to drive it in manual- but its revs sooo much :lol:

i did start to learn to drive in a manual but after 6months of still not being able to find the bite point and stalling it almost everytime i took off from traffic lights i gave up in the end :unsure: passed in an auto after 3months of driving- it was so easy :lol:

both the cars i have had have bein semi autos so can be driven in both manual and auto...ian prefers to drive it in manual- but its revs sooo much :lol:

I drive an auto too now well tiptronic semi auto whichever you prefer to be honest i don't think i'd go back to a manual if you paid me ......... just my preferance after driving an auto for a few years.

You'll be fine Nix and you will get the hang of it really quick