OMG wish me luck!!!!

BingBlaze n Skyla

i have my first driving lesson on friday, 9am 2 hours for the price of 1 , sooooo nervous already, im gonna be a wreck by friday!!!!!

That explains the road warnings I've been seeing :lol:

Joking hun

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. I hated my first lesson, my instructor kept me on a quiet housing estate for my first few hours which helped calm the nerves

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix you'll be fine, just dont shut your eyes like a friend on mine did! LOL She was trying to get through a really narrow gap and didnt think she was gunna make it so closed her eyes!!! PMSL! Even her drving instructer panicked! Then this other friend on mine was told to go over the upcoming roundabout so she did.. litterally right over it! :lol:

LOL

I did ok today in my first lesson.. I was really nervous at first then calmed down abit then got nervous again as we were finnishing coz I had to go right at a junction with people coming up behind me and cars coming towards me! Super scary but the instructor helped me through it so I didnt stall and I lived! LOL Got my next one on Thursday!! Whoop!

Well, Nix! I'm really proud of you! It is a big step & you will feel nervous - but those of us who drive have ALL been where you are now - it's the fear of the unknown & no instructor will put you under any more pressure than you are putting yourself under

I'm sure you'll do fine & will look forward to the next one ... let us know how it goes, xx

Good Luck Nix I'm sure it will be fine.

All instructors I know use a dual control car anyway so you will be in safe hands. I must admit I don't envy you getting your first car insurance when you pass as it's sooooo expensive these days

dads puttin me on his insurance so he can pay :P lol , if i pass quite quickly - or atleast pass lol ill probs do my pass plus which my cousin says can reduce the price

thanks peeps :D

i passed my test nearly 2 years ago now and i still not been able to get on the road, the reason being the stupid price of car insurance, and i have no one to put me on their insurance, so until i finish uni and hopefully get a job i doubt i will be getting a car :(

You will be fine Nix.....we are all rooting for you.....besides the instructor has a brake pedaltongue.gif.

I would definitely learn in a manual. I learned to drive in the states where indeed most vehicles are automatic, including the one I was driving for drivers training. My Mom had a manual though and insisted that I learned to drive that as well or she would not sign for my license. Without her signature I would have had to wait 2 years before I could get my license. She always told us girls if we knew how to drive a manual then we could drive anything, so if we ever got stranded on a farm we could drive the tractor to safety..laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Nix, you will do fine. I took driver's education in high school. My instructor took me out to the country, told me to put the pedal to the metal and keep it between the fences. What a shock that was. Take a few deep breaths, and pay attention. It will become second nature in no time.

You'll do great, Nix! At first it seems like there are waaaaay too many things to keep track of, but after some practice, you do it without thinking about it. And learning to drive a manual first does make things easier, but it is possible to learn it after learning to drive an automatic. I learned to drive an automatic first here in Iowa, where traffic is pretty minimal. When I married, we moved to the 'burbs of Chicago - and our first car was manual! I learned to drive it at the same time I learned to deal with real traffic - terror is a really good motivator to learning! wink.gif